Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,612   Online: 1117

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from Chicago

Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for a few days but decided to finally start posting. I shoot 35mm and 4x5 (in addition to digital...but that doesn't count). Looking to get into medium format since that's the one I'm missing.

I'm also looking at getting more into color (most of my experiences is in B&W) and I'm really hoping to try my hand at processing C41 from home. The one time I've worked with color I did some RA4 printing with room temperature chemicals and got great results, but have always been too afraid to do C41 from home since I don't have a way to precisely control chemical temperatures. Now that I'm reading that you can usually keep everything constant for long enough by doing everything in a bathtub, I might finally give it a try.

Anyways, I'm glad there's a community like this online, and I look forward to learning all that I can here.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Warm Welcome Pete to APUG.You can buy your medium format camera from classifieds here. Do you know KEH Camera , have a look at there , their prices are very good. You can jump in to Pentax , Mamiya , Rollei , Hasselblad wagon or try a Zeiss Ikon or Kodak for very cheap to try the format. I am sure , you would invent or learn a way to fight with temperature control.

Umut
    Istanbul
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Petey,

Hello from another Peter. CATLABS is an important apug sponsor and is in Chicago. He's got C41 coming out his butt. This the best place to be on the web if you're into still film
    All paths are the same: they lead nowhere. Choose the one that has heart.

Don Juan

Images
    Good Morning, Petey,

Welcome from the metro east area.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, Petey. welcome aboard, from a bit east of you in Boston. Visited Chicago for the first time last spring- great time!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Petey!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from the Northern Chicago Burbs!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the forum Petey from a very wet and flooded U.K.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by peteyj10 View Post
    Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for a few days but decided to finally start posting. I shoot 35mm and 4x5 (in addition to digital...but that doesn't count). Looking to get into medium format since that's the one I'm missing.

I'm also looking at getting more into color (most of my experiences is in B&W) and I'm really hoping to try my hand at processing C41 from home. The one time I've worked with color I did some RA4 printing with room temperature chemicals and got great results, but have always been too afraid to do C41 from home since I don't have a way to precisely control chemical temperatures. Now that I'm reading that you can usually keep everything constant for long enough by doing everything in a bathtub, I might finally give it a try.

Anyways, I'm glad there's a community like this online, and I look forward to learning all that I can here.
    Plastic basin and electric kettle of hot water are ok for tempering C41, if you don't hold the temp exactly to the specification you will have to white balance each film, I used to carry a grey card, to make white balance easier.

I temper the BLIX and wash as well...

Noel

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin