Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,130   Online: 895

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

A new Blog for a long time apugger! 'The Photo Fundamentalist'

I'm not sure if this is an acceptable place to post, but I wanted to introduce a new outlet of mine (a blog) call The Photo Fundamentalist (http://www.thephotofundamentalist.com)

I'm a long time film user and shot all but my very last major project on film, have been on apug for years... and will shoot plenty more on film. I won't bore you with details of the blog, but will say that I hope to cover quite a few areas, from reviews to technique to project work. I'll be up front and say its not about film, but then again its not about digital either. I'll be trying to keep it grounded and point everything towards the production of high quality projects and imagery. Inevitably, there will be a documentary and reportage spin and I think some of it will be useful to people here, regardless of their chosen medium.

Its early days and I'm effectively moonlighting, but I hope to keep up a flow of 3-5 new pieces per week, increasing when I'm out of Afghanistan. I aim to build something special, but it will take time....

Feedback is always welcome and I hope its of interest!

Best,

Tom

Shooter
    35mm

A guess

I guess I got the wrong blog because when I called it up all I found is a lot of last year's baloney, sliced very thick and being sold as prime rib.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A new Blog for a long time apugger! 'The Photo Fundamentalist'

I see Leica Monochrom and Sony A7.....where's the beef? (Film?). :-)
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 02-11-2014 at 10:38 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Tom, looks pretty good. I've only skimmed a few posts, but I like what I see. I've added it to the RSS feeds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom: Nice blog. I likes the kid with the ball and associate story. Good luck with it and stay safe in Afghanistan. Alan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    I see Leica Monochrom and Sony A7.....where's the beef? (Film?)
    There's stuff there related to photography in general, in addition to the digital content. I see no reason to dismiss all the content if some subjects aren't to your liking.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the comments. Its about photography and everyone here is a film photographer. I shoot both film and digital and there will be more film related material in due course. ALL the images shot as part of 'behind the image' are all film... from exclusively film projects.

snapguy, is there a need to be rude? OK, so one can gather that you're interested in 'hot off the press camera reviews'. That's fine, but I'm not and that's not what I'm pitching it at, so I guess its not for you. Steve Huff has that nicely covered. I'm also not intending to make it a 'film & darkroom site' because, well, there is apug. I'm pitching it at application and the production of meaningful work, which in my case (and I suspect many here) is undertaken in both mediums.
    Last edited by Tom Stanworth; 02-11-2014 at 10:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    There's stuff there related to photography in general, in addition to the digital content. I see no reason to dismiss all the content if some subjects aren't to your liking.
    I was just kidding but scrolling quickly down the first page for something film-related that's all I found...
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great blog!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I actually found it really good. I shoot nearly all film but am not at all blinkered to digital..a good image is a good image...and yours are great! I think that secretly we all want a M Monochrom, as well as a M6 of course.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin