Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,775   Posts: 1,484,510   Online: 799

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter - although file size and compression efficiency will depend to some degree on the actual level of detail in the image, you should be able to get a 500 pixel (long side) image down to about 60-65KB, sometimes a bit larger. In Photoshop, I find that a value of 8 often produces a good balance between image clarity and file size. Thumbnail versions of 125-150 pixels (again, long side) should typically fall between 10KB and 15KB in size.

I wrote a brief description of some of the scanning techniques I now use after several years of poking at different workflows. It's available on my Resources page at:

http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/scanning-tutorial.html

Essentially, I've found that resizing in steps usually works best, along with a rather light touch of unsharp mask at each step. The plain Sharpen tool seems too harsh for my tastes.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    I wrote a brief description of some of the scanning techniques I now use after several years of poking at different workflows. It's available on my Resources page at:

http://www.rbarkerphoto.com/scanning-tutorial.html
    Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the suggestions and the link. I'm on the way out at the moment, but it looks like some very good info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin