Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,705   Online: 933

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A nice reflective read about your 10 year history here at APUG, David. Glad to see you and numerous others still participating as time allows one to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, nice read. I have only 8 years but nearly 2000 comments....wow! I have gathered a lot of inspiration and knowledge from this site and the crap is easy to avoid...lets hear more from the old timers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I found APUG around the same time through a mention in B&W magazine (pretty sure I lurked for awhile before joining in Jan '05). Sure, things have changed, but the volume of info has only increased. I also have met many people through APUG who I never would have met otherwise - I won't try to name them all because I know I'd leave some out. I've also been able to make pictures at locations I wouldn't have gone to otherwise - the Quabbin, Cuyahoga National Park, Photostock, and various other areas on Cape Cod (wouldn't have gone by myself) and Ohio.
    I'm positive my photography has improved in the time since I found APUG and I count the site as a big part of why. Seeing the great work of others in the gallery and reading others' techniques are very valuable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amen David. You said very well.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great post, David. I remember most of the names you mentioned, and I'm really glad you are still around.

As you mention, many of us have formed friendships thanks to the forum, and that is also what I am most grateful for. I intend to be here in ten years from now, and I hope you write another equally wonderful post at that time.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I enjoy your post, I hope your around a few more years.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ten years on APUG!!!

Awesome post. Congrats. I had my 10 year anniversary here last year (actually I just realized I passed 11 years this last January!). Good to see some old timers still active and posting.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm not quite that old. Been here a while. You know what's funny? Around 2000-2003 I went "digital" because I thought it was better. Never occurred to me that film would go away. I thought they'd always be around together, I just didn't want to shoot it any more. When I "discovered" APUG I went back and started shooting film again. The decline in film has been brutal but I'm enjoying what's left...
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    only nine years for me... but lurking before joining.

Great read David. I envy some of you... Being from this little nothing of a country, I don't get to meet many like minded persons in real life.

But sometimes it actually feels like I have... Great place, this one...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice reflection on your ten years David! I've only been here 6 and a half years and like many others, lurked here for a while before joining (it seemed like an odd sort of place, compared to other internet forums). But now I can barely remember what it was like not to be a member here. I've only met a few people from here in real life, and I doubt there will be any APUG meetups in Japan anytime soon, but like Gandolfi said, I sort of feel like I know so people here already -- it's great to have a place where you feel you belong.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin