Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,972   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I love to use the Holga and Diana cameras. Focus is pretty imprecise with these cameras in that you guess focus, and they have more depth of focus than regular lenses. I use all formats, but have made my best images with the Diana, partly because I use it more and partly because of the feel of the images.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Keith Carter's situation might be informative. In this video, the pertinent part starts at about 4:00.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W3m0oMnp0o

Personally, I am growing cataracs, as many do. So far, only the right eye is really affected, but, of course, that is (was) the eye that I used to focus. So, I've had to make adjustments. I learned to focus with my left eye, and that will work until ... At some point, there will be the surgery, and then (hopefully) I'll see better than I have in most of my adult life.

The only adjustment I've had to make in the darkroom is to sometime use a binocular visor (Optivisor) http://www.doneganoptical.com/products/optivisor to look at 35mm negs on the light box. As bad as the right eye is, my overall vision is still better with both eyes than just the left eye alone.
    Last edited by David Brown; 02-23-2014 at 03:57 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin