Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,508   Posts: 1,543,561   Online: 1044

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD
    Hi Steve, welcome to the site. You are helping with the Aussie APUG group, there must be 9 or 10 of us now... 2 in Sydney, 3 in Adelaide, 2 in WA and the rest in Melbourne.

Then there's Roteague in Hawaii... He's been here so often he should get an Aussie passport...

Enjoy your time here.

Glenn
    Hi Glenn,

You say three in Adelaide. Dogs.... and who else??

I'd like to make contact and perhaps get some sort of loose photo group thing going.

Steve
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Steve, this site is very addictive, friendly warning...
    Nice to see another 'local'. I look forward to seeing your work.
    Kind regards, Nicole

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I'm a South Aussie too, but further south than Adelaide. I'm a later comer to photography so have heaps to learn and only have books and the 'net to learn from which is why I am so thankful for sites like APUG. Thank you Sean.

I reckon Roteague counts as an Aussie because he's seen more of Oz than I have in all my years here.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    I'm a South Aussie too, but further south than Adelaide. I'm a later comer to photography so have heaps to learn and only have books and the 'net to learn from which is why I am so thankful for sites like APUG. Thank you Sean.

I reckon Roteague counts as an Aussie because he's seen more of Oz than I have in all my years here.
    Thanks Carol. I wish that was true. I have mostly only visited Victoria, parts of South Australia and parts of the Northern Territory. I rode the Ghan one year from Adeliade to Alice Springs - something every Aussie should try, it is simply fantastic. Although, when I travel to Australia I fly to Sydney then drive to Victoria (I don't like Melbourne's airport), so I am quite familar with the Hume Highway.

What part of South Australia are you from? Last September, I stayed in Renmark, drove down to Murray Bridge, then followed the Princess Highway, staying overnight in Kingston S.E., then down through Mt Gambier. I wanted to spend time along the Coorong, but it was raining hard, so I went on with my trip.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For those Aussies, and others, who might be interested. I have an article on my website I wrote about Watarrka National Park in the Northern Territory you might like to visit. The address is: http://www.visionlandscapes.com/Arti...px?ArticleID=6
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    ... I reckon Roteague counts as an Aussie because he's seen more of Oz than I have in all my years here.
    Sorry, we get him first. Making him an honorary Kiwi next time he comes here .

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Robert, the Ghan trip sounds like a great experience. I hope I get to try it one day (if I can ever prise my hubby from behind the steering wheel of a car).

Down here they say that in Mt. Gambier it rains 360 days a year and the other 5 days it drips off the trees. If you were here in September the Blue Lake probably wasn't even blue for you. The colour changes to brilliant blue in November. It's a pity you missed the Coorong, but I expect it's the type of place you need plenty of time to wait around for just the right conditions to capture the pink salt lakes properly. With our weather that could take some time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCallum
    Sorry, we get him first. Making him an honorary Kiwi next time he comes here .
    Thanks!! As much as I like Australia, New Zealand is the place that just captured my heart. I remember riding the Southerner from Christchurch to Balclutha and just being immersed with the coast. In a lot of ways, the South Island reminds me of where I grew up, Colorado. If I had my way, I would live somewhere around Queenstown on the South Island. FWIW, if I wasn't too old (almost 50) I would immigrate to NZ.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Robert I guess you'll have to keep island hopping for now. I hope you get a nice long stay in NZ sometime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin