Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,587   Posts: 1,545,862   Online: 1095

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

New here...and it feels so good

Hi,

I'm Ken, I live in Indiana in the USA. I've loved photography all my life. My first camera..I got it on Christmas morning maybe 35 or so years ago (guessing). A polaroid swinger.. Anyone remember those, I fell in love with photography and B & W to boot. I did my time doing some wedding photography a few years ago but walked away from it. Now I shoot what I want to when I want to and try to express myself, my mood through my work. I also work in other media such as colored pencil and pastels but B & W is my first love and I still love the amber glow of the safelight. I used to process my own color film and prints as well but it became a bit too costly. So I focus on my first love...B&W. I feel fortunate to have a personal darkroom here at home, it's a sanctuary from the world.

I thought all hope was lost as I searched bookstore looking for photo magazines to read but standing there looking at a wall full of digital camera mags I found one magazine that spoke to me and this passion. And it had an article about this forum. I rushed home to my computer, thank God for broadband...and here I am. And to find so many like minded people here is a relief. I had feared I had become obsolete.

I can now stop filtering through those other forums and sites that have a few traditional photography topics.

Thanks for being here
    Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome Ken! Glad you found your way here

Images
    Familiar story, Ken. Welcome aboard.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome. Leave your shoes at the door and sit down. We've got bourbon, scotch, beer and rodinal.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Ken, you're going to like it here.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Some of my favorite relatives are Hoosiers!

Welcome from the wetlands of the Chesapeake.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Church of Rodinal is welcoming you to APUG.

have fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GaussianNoise
    Welcome. Leave your shoes at the door and sit down. We've got bourbon, scotch, beer and rodinal.
    Greetings Ken and welcome, with all the above plus wonderful conversation and many others here with experience I'm sure your soon feel comepletely at home.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome home Ken. This is a great place to visit, to learn and share in good conversations.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ken,
    As a newcomer myself I can attest to the wealth of information you can find in the APUG forms.I received a ton of helpful insight on my first post (Tri-X in Rodinal).If you,re looking for magiznes etc.on darkroom and B+W shooting may I suggest you check out your local yard/garage sales (boot sales in the UK).I picked up 145 old issues (1950,s,60,s 70,s) of Popular Photography,Darkroom,and Photo Life (best Canadian publication) for a meager $5.00.Scads of great articles and cool adds.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin