Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,314   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

A long delayed introduction!

Hi. Just a short note to introduce myself. I am what I would call an occasional photographer, but with an obsessive tendency. The result of this is that I have dabbled in various aspects of analogue photography to a degree that may well have been counter productive. However, I have had my moments, having sold a few prints in my time.

I have a darkroom and a small collection of cameras, ranging from a tiny Pentax 110 up to a 6x9 (2x3”) view camera. I suffer from G.A.S, but not too badly, as I am generally a cheapskate! I can home process both C41/RA4 and B&W. Sometimes I make up my own B&W film developers from scratch, but only to published recipes - a cook, rather than a chef!

While I dabble with digital, I can’t help but treat it as a snapshot medium. I still love the analogue process, especially when the required result is a print.

I first joined APUG way back in 2003, but photography has been “on the back burner” for quite a few years, i.e. I am in need of practice. Shyness and a general awkwardness has always held me back from making much of a contribution, but that could change!
    Heat or light; it depends on your sensitivity.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's one of the earlier Join Dates I've seen. I'd say welcome, but you were here 23 months before I was.

So I guess it's welcome back?

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back to APUGland, Brother Allan....nice to have you with us!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You beat me here, too! Welcome in from the lurk!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome back, Allan!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome back to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    great you made it back!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A warm welcome back.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome back to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where do you live in Wiltshire BTW? I lived in Tisbury till 2006
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin