Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,906   Posts: 1,521,416   Online: 1006

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

New guy from central Scotland.

Hi all, my first post here, been lurking on this site for a while and thought I'd take the plunge and sign-up, been admiring the stunning photo's and discussions etc.
    I'm originally from Belfast (Northern Ireland), but for the past 4.5yrs I'm now living/working full time in Scotland and loving it!

Recently sold my digital camera (D800) and lenses, I personally feel digital has NO soul, and now searching for a possible large format land camera or the likes of a Fuji GSW690 rangefinder etc, I've recently bought a mint condition Mamiya C330 Pro-S Twin Lens Reflex to get me back into medium format again, last week I ordered Fomapan 100asa 120 b/w film, and a five pack of Fuji 160asa colour 120 film etc....

I used to shoot a Toyo-View 45C about 25yrs ago, and also owned these cameras/formats over the years; Mamiya RB67 ProSD - Bronica SQ-A - Yashicamat 124G - Rolleicord TLR - Mamiya C330 Pro-S - Nikon FM & FM2N.
    I loved shooting film many many years ago and want to get back into it again. I had my own darkroom located in a corner of a garage using a Leitz Focomat 35, self taught, but I don't have this set-up anymore.......unfortunitely!

Been inspired by this site, it's got my large format & medium format juices flowing again, thank you all for inspiration! Hoping to post some 120 format image soon. Thank you.

Best wishes;
    Peter
    central Scotland - UK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A very warm, welcome Peter.
    Ben

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome Peter, I grew up in Crieff. Where are you?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Small word eh, I work in Auchterarder about 2 miles from Gleneagles, and live in Alloa town, close to Stirling.

Regards;
    Peter

Shooter
    35mm

hi

There's some fabulous country in your neck of the woods for a 120-size camera. I got my first Rolleiflex in 1956 and spent a lot of time using a Yashicamat and a Praktisix. The 180mm f2.8 Sonnar for the latter is just fabulous. I know you will get some wonderful images.

Hey Peter,welcome!
    I am part Scot yet have never been to that part of the world..top of my list.
    You might try George Ury at georgeury.com.He lists a Fuji GSW690..its been on his site for awhile. George has been a good source of equipment for me over the years.Hope this helps.
    Hey film is so great to get back into....I dont miss digital at all.
    Cheers!

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice to see you're joining the APUG forum here, Peter. Hello and welcome to the site.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I know Auchterarder well, best chips in Perthshire
    Looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    northern ireland to scotland -- quite the rebel, aren't we?

Welcome to APUG-- you will find film challenging but rewarding. Time spent in front of a computer makes you age faster -- the electrons, you know -- while time spent in a darkroom is not counted and may even make you younger. I'm almost sure I read that somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin