Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,920   Posts: 1,556,539   Online: 1381

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello to all you fine peeps

Figured I should say hi as I have been lurking around the darkroom section of the forums. Just clicked on the link before it (thus taking me to the entire list of sub forums) and noticed this area and a bajillion others.

Been shooting film for 4ish years now. Currently 27 years old, bought my first home a few months ago, and day to day am a drilling engineer for an underground gas storage company. Started off with a toy camera, migrated to a Hasselblad 500 C/M, then a Leica M2, then a Rolleiflex 3.5F, and now yearning for a 4x5 camera. I would say my Hassie gets the most love (after it caused me some dreadful trouble after coming back from Peru and "losing" about half my photos...it sat in timeout for a year or two until I finally sent it to David Odess). Although with a gf of three years and wanting to buy a ring for her and the new house, money for hobbies (photography and art/posters) has taken a back seat. Generally my photography is up and down where no love for a month or two then a pure binge for months on end. Still don't even own a lens for my Leica (typically borrow one from my dad)!

I tend to type a lot, am a frequent and long time poster at the art forum, expressobeans, generally am quiet and an introvert. Have picked up developing my own film for the past 2ish years, just B&W. Now have been interested in enlarging and printing...made one trip to the lab so far.

Other than that, feel free to chat or ask anything or just say hi. I am polite, kind, respectful, not one for frivolous things, enjoy the old and vintage stuff in life (somewhere since college I have bought upwards of 800 records!). Analog photography for me is a slowdown from the rapid speed that life moves, its peaceful and calming, it is rewarding when holding the negative up in the bathroom or laying it down on the light table. It has been an extension of my life long love of art.

If interested here is my flickr (a long time since it has been updated...moving into the house and work and everything, I have been behind!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG. I see some Polaroids on flickr as well . That is something - to borrow Leitz lenses from dad :o!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That's Mr. Peep, thank you very much :]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Welcome to APUG. I see some Polaroids on flickr as well . That is something - to borrow Leitz lenses from dad :o!
    Ha yeah. He actually has about 1000 hobbies so naturally photography is one of them. A lot of my collection was inspired by his, after telling me over and over and over how "this is the best" and "no, this is what you want". Ha, he doesn't read any books nor partake in any discussion, but he does believe his opinions strongly. Love him though, has taught me a lot! But naturally, I have a lot to learn and I use books and the web and my lack of a 1000 hobbies, to really invest the time towards the many I do have (I am pretty bad as well ha!).

And yes I really need to buy a lens...

And oh yeah, polaroid as well, although the past year or so I would say not so much. I did a Christmas card swap with the art forum and decided to do emulsion lifts and after a month of non-stop hours upon hours I was burned out. Plus I dropped my sx-70 during the project and it is beat up.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by momus View Post
    That's Mr. Peep, thank you very much :]
    I will make sure to remember this.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello ans a warm welcome to APUG! Love your images.

Jeff

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome!

I see you have been to Berlin.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Howdy, from sunny central California! I'm kinda a lurker new guy too! I used to use a fine Rollei 6008 Pro. S, but, stuff happened, sold it, and now I have an equally loved, Mamiya RB67 Pro. S, with a Polaroid back, that I use, because I have a morbid fear of ruining film due to lack of understanding! In fact I just shot a 5 roll of Kodak 400 TMAX, only to realize just yesterday, that, i forgot to remove the dark slide! This is why I'm here, to learn from the skilled!
    Sorry to blab on, happy photography, and may your film stay frozen, until usage! -Americo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all for the comments and hellos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    Hello ans a warm welcome to APUG! Love your images.

Jeff
    Thanks Jeff! Appreciate the kind comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    Welcome!

I see you have been to Berlin.
    Yes I was in Berlin and drove to Dresden on the same Europe trip. Was thoroughly enjoyed, although travelled by myself for majority of it, and nothing really planned. Still got to see some beautiful and wonderful things and wouldn't trade it for the world. I want to get back over to Europe ASAP. Girlfriend has to come this time though, which I am fine with...she enjoys my photography as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aRolleiBrujo View Post
    Howdy, from sunny central California! I'm kinda a lurker new guy too! I used to use a fine Rollei 6008 Pro. S, but, stuff happened, sold it, and now I have an equally loved, Mamiya RB67 Pro. S, with a Polaroid back, that I use, because I have a morbid fear of ruining film due to lack of understanding! In fact I just shot a 5 roll of Kodak 400 TMAX, only to realize just yesterday, that, i forgot to remove the dark slide! This is why I'm here, to learn from the skilled!
    Sorry to blab on, happy photography, and may your film stay frozen, until usage! -Americo
    Hi and welcome as well. Not familiar with the Mamiya but I know the Hassie won't allow me to take a photo with the darkslide in. And you learn from your mistakes. When I first started I bought some expired film on eBay and just shot and shot and shot. Also used Walmart (they have envelopes you mail your film in) to develop my stuff so that the first few months my learning curve didn't damage my wallet too much. As I learned I bought fresh film and started supporting the local lab. Eventually started developing my own B&W and now am slowly creeping into printing/enlarging. Best of luck and keep up the work!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to APUG and thank you for such an honest introduction. You sound like a very genuine kind of guy and your images are great.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by appletree View Post
    Yes I was in Berlin and drove to Dresden on the same Europe trip.
    Was it like in http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0356150/

?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin