Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,495   Online: 838

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    I am woman - hear me (& my Horseman) roar! tee hee hee
    ROFLMAO! Good one, Ellen!

What alt-process are you interested in trying? Or are you just still trying to sort everything out and get the hang of things?
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Ellen...from Texas!! What part of the panhandle...there are quite a few of us here from Texas..nothing like a norther comin in from Canada..what sky's. BTW, since you are in SC, should drop down to Savannah..you will run out of film.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    ..nothing like a norther comin in from Canada..what sky's.
    You guys still getting weather from Canada? Hmm. Must not be covered under the free trade agreement.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    ROFLMAO! Good one, Ellen!

What alt-process are you interested in trying? Or are you just still trying to sort everything out and get the hang of things?
    Polaroid transfers and emulsion lifts are first on my list. After that, I want to try cyanotypes, salt prints, and I would like to eventually work up to the ultimate - platinum. Up until I got my 4x5, I had no idea people were doing this stuff - I've been shooting digital for the last few years and have been emersed in learning the workflow. I love digital (for certain things) and will still utilize digital with my 4x5 negs by scanning but miss the hands-on feeling of film, make sense? Anyway, since I've been learning all that I can about LF photography, I've discovered so much I feel like a kid in a candy store! So, one thing at a time; this is a journey that I don't want to rush.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by photomc
    Welcome Ellen...from Texas!! What part of the panhandle...
    I grew up in a little town called Dumas (yes, we called it 'Dumbass'). Every morning on the radio, they'd play the town theme song, "I'm a ding-dong dolly..."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    LOL - Man, you are preaching to the choir! I don't know how many times I've gone off on a jaunt and have wound up in places and just had no idea how I managed to get there. All in good fun though!

Just curious, what prompted your move to New Zealand? I've heard it's beautiful but I've never had the pleasure of a visit.
    I wanted to do some travelling so hit a few spots in the U.S., then got an IT contract in NZ for 6 months. After a few weeks in NZ I knew I had found the place I want to live my life so worked to get a permanent job and residency. Have been happy ever since, am now married to a wonderful kiwi and have a beautiful little girl too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I grew up in a little town called Dumas (yes, we called it 'Dumbass'). Every morning on the radio, they'd play the town theme song, "I'm a ding-dong dolly..."

Sure, know Dumas well...always passing through there on the way to NM or CO..been in worse places...great sky's and these days lots of sunflower fields nearby.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    I wanted to do some travelling so hit a few spots in the U.S., then got an IT contract in NZ for 6 months. After a few weeks in NZ I knew I had found the place I want to live my life so worked to get a permanent job and residency. Have been happy ever since, am now married to a wonderful kiwi and have a beautiful little girl too
    That's awesome, Sean! Congratulations

Images
    Good Evening, Ellen,

Just another welcome--from Illinois.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywalker
    You guys still getting weather from Canada? Hmm. Must not be covered under the free trade agreement.

johnnywalker, thought it was just part of NAFTA
    Mike C

Rambles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin