Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,630   Posts: 1,623,045   Online: 986

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hello - Newbie here from South Carolina

Hi everyone! Ran across this site from Google searches and the article in B&W magazine and oh boy! am I ever glad to have found you guys.

I am a complete newbie to LF photography (a Horseman LE is responsible for my current addiction) and I'm also discovering alternative printing processes - I want to try all of it but will try to restrain myself ;-) I shoot digital too but you won't ever hear me try to tell another photographer that they should give up on film. Why do digital shooters do that anyway? Are they afraid of film?? Why not enjoy the best of both worlds is my philosophy!

So please indulge me as I have been known to ask some awfully dumb questions but figure somebody out there is probably wondering too so I go for it.

I would also like to thank the creator of this site and all of you posters; I have already learned so much just by reading previous threads.

Cheers,
    Ellen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome Ellen, what part of SC? I basically grew up in SC..

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Ellen!

Are you the same Ellen as is on the LF Photography forum? Just curious. Welcome to APUG, LF and soon alt-processing. Love the avatar, btw.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you :-)
    Sean, I'm just south of Charlotte. Moved here with my family (Hubby took a job that required it) just a little over 2 years ago. I'm still learning about the area and scouting cool places to photograph. I love 'old and abandoned' so if you have any suggestions, please share.
    And yup, I'm same 'Ellen' as on the LF forum. It's amazing what a small world the net is, isn't it?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Ellen from Hawaii!!! Glad you found us. I hope you shoot color, there needs to be more LF color shooters here .
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    South Carolina is great for old and abandoned structures. Just hop in your car and drive out into some country areas and you'll be bombarded with subject matter. Probably best to take a GPS device so you don't get too lost

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean
    South Carolina is great for old and abandoned structures. Just hop in your car and drive out into some country areas and you'll be bombarded with subject matter. Probably best to take a GPS device so you don't get too lost
    LOL - Man, you are preaching to the choir! I don't know how many times I've gone off on a jaunt and have wound up in places and just had no idea how I managed to get there. All in good fun though!

Just curious, what prompted your move to New Zealand? I've heard it's beautiful but I've never had the pleasure of a visit.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's good to see another woman doing LF.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    I've heard it's beautiful.
    Welcome Ellen, I am sure you'll enjoy the site.

As for NZ, I've been there only once, for a 3 week holiday and I could not believe how lush and georgeous it was, even in July (Mid winter). I live in Sydney, just across from Sean, and the difference is like chalk and cheese.

NZ = Green ,Lush, wet, BEWDIFUL..
    OZ = Brown (mostly), sparse, dry, dry, dry (you get the point). Bewdiful in a very different way...

Will surely go back for more holidays just to soak in the environment...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am woman - hear me (& my Horseman) roar! tee hee hee

Glenn, I can relate with what you are dealing with. I grew up in the Texas panhandle and it was brown (mostly), sparse, dry, dry, dry... you get the picture! But oh! how I miss it sometimes... You could watch a storm blow in from Canada it was so flat. Mesquite bushes everywhere and when I was a girl, I used to walk for miles and miles, just for the fun of discovering new patterns in the dirt. :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin