Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,600   Online: 642

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Slowly moving over to film photography

Hi Just signed up.
    Based in East Yorkshire.
    I have been a mainly digital photographer for a few years now and have become reasonably good at it. I have really found my groove with black-and-white landscapes, often long or multiple exposures but I try to avoid the cliches and just wish I had more time to get out and about actually taking shots. I also enjoy working on my collection in Lightroom and especially getting a good high quality print made of something I'm particularly proud of.
    I've done a bit of 35mm, mainly Tri-X in Diafine, scanned and printed but mainly digital so far. A good Friend recently lent me his grandfathers old Roleicord MF TLR and it's kick-started a bit of a fascination with the art of carefully contemplating the photograph before taking the shot without the luxury of the histogram. I've acquired some Tetenal Ultrafin, some Fomapan 100 and 200 and I have a few questions about that. I'm keen at some-point soon to get my hands on a MF SLR like a Mamiya RB67 or a Bronica SQ for landscape work.
    I also dug out my old Pentax 35mm SLR and acquired some Spursin HDR for pushing.
    There is an enlarger available but I haven't had chance to get round to that yet So for now I'm scanning Negs.

I hope to learn and contribute a little

Thankyou.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome aboard. Lots of people here who can help as you use that Rolleicord and Pentax more.
    Dan

The simplest tools can be the hardest to master.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome. Glad you have joined in on the fun here at APUG
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    ...it's kick-started a bit of a fascination with the art of carefully contemplating the photograph before taking the shot without the luxury of the histogram.
    Yes, that's how it gets started. Before you know it, that contemplation will become the most enjoyable part of the whole process. You'll wonder why you ever did it any other way.

Welcome on board.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyB View Post
    I have been a mainly digital photographer for a few years now and have become reasonably good at it. ......................kick-started a bit of a fascination with the art of carefully contemplating the photograph before taking the shot without the luxury of the histogram...............
    Haha, someone with practice on digitall ( simulator ) and go forward to real photograph.
    On digitall "..graph" is missing ... it is photo-electron-storage.

Welcome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome, from the west riding!
    Cheers,

Jim.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Taylor View Post
    Welcome, from the west riding!
    I'm originally from the North, but at least it's still Yorkshire :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin