Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,627   Online: 1149

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from a confusing name, NJ

Nothing about my username or the town I live sounds very nice. FoidPoosening, living in Flemington? Blah.

Well I'll start by saying that I could never pronounce Food Poisoning when I was younger, so it's stuck here on the interwebz. The town? Now that's just an unfortunate name.

Anyway, call me Dan. I fell into digital photography first when I was 17, purely as a means for taking stock photos of the products I was selling under the paintball company that I started then and still operate now. While that's not the point, what's important is that I recently inherited an old Canon AE1 Progam from my Pop Pop who took it all over the world with him. Earlier this year I went on a semester abroad to Vienna, Austria with my Nikon D7000 and finally got used to manual mode. Learning "manual" digitial photography made me want to go even further and learn analog photography, as I find it fascinating. By the time I got back two weeks ago, I had already read tons of articles on film photography and was set on trying it as a tribute to my Pop Pop. Since then I've shot a roll of film on it and can't wait to see the results once I get it developed, alone with a few rolls of film from a few cameras that I picked up during my time in Vienna. Hehe...

Be on the lookout for a bunch of questions posted with what will probably have glaringly obvious answers (read: new to film photography) but in the meantime, hello!

~Dan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi Dan!

Great to hear from you and welcome to the site! Good to hear you're getting in, the family connection (with my mother) is also why I started! How are you doing this? Self-dev or sending it off?

I only started about a year and a half ago, so hopefully I'll have some of the answers to your questions

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by kaantuncel View Post
    Hi Dan!

Great to hear from you and welcome to the site! Good to hear you're getting in, the family connection (with my mother) is also why I started! How are you doing this? Self-dev or sending it off?

I only started about a year and a half ago, so hopefully I'll have some of the answers to your questions
    Thanks so much! I'm on sending it off for now. I'm lucky enough to have a local imaging lab in my hometown and there has to be something in Boston when I move there in September.

That being said, I'd love to learn to develop it myself in the long run. Any advice on where to get started with that?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Dan, great to hear from you. BTW I was born and raised in Toms River, NJ

Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Kubach; 07-13-2014 at 12:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Dan!
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FoidPoosening View Post
    FoidPoosening, living in Flemington
    Obviously an ad hoc name.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Dan. Here in Michigan we have Paradise and Hell, so anything in between is acceptable.
    Bruce

Moma don't take my Kodachrome away!
    Oops, Kodak just did!
    For all practical purposes, they've taken Kodak away.

BruceCSdunekPhotography.zenfolio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Dan, and welcome to the APUG site and forums......
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin