Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,918   Posts: 1,556,420   Online: 1173

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Hello from Spain, beginner here

Hi all!

I'm a total novice for analog photography, but I'm learning, reading and practicing a lot. I shot few films when I was younger (I'm 35 nowadays) with a little point'n'shoot and with my father's reflex, but always take it for been (automatically) developed in some local shop; a few years ago I began to enjoy (digital) photography in a more consistent style, with some bridge cameras, then a reflex and nowadays with an EVIL. In March of 2013 I decided to jump to analog photography because it looks a very inspiring hobbie with tons of new things waiting to be learned, so I bought some second hand books, a Yashica MG-1 and some film rolls... and start my adventure!

I've been shooting and developing B&W film for one year, learning a lot day by day. I bought some cameras both 135 and 120 format, and tried a couple of film and developer brands. One month ago I started to develop my own prints too, with an old Meopta Opemus 6, and yet learning about that!

I'm happy to learn from you, film masters and happy to share my (little) knowledge, so...

Hi all!
    Learning, forever learning... and enjoying the way!

My analog photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Álvaro,

Welcome to APUG. Smart and wonderful people.

IBBY
    Dick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to apug, the right place to be. I've never been to Valladolid but if it's anything like the south of Spain you'll have a fantastic landscape to shoot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesper View Post
    Welcome to apug, the right place to be. I've never been to Valladolid but if it's anything like the south of Spain you'll have a fantastic landscape to shoot.
    Uf, I'd like it but... no, Valladolid is all different from the south, this is a brown and dry tableland, very very ugly

Nevertheless, I love your place! I was in Lund a few years ago, it's a beautiful place to live, awesome landscapes at Oresund, both Sweden and Danish sides (I spend a couple of days going across the "Around the sound - Oresund" route, by train and boat )
    Learning, forever learning... and enjoying the way!

My analog photography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by aremesal View Post
    Uf, I'd like it but... no, Valladolid is all different from the south, this is a brown and dry tableland, very very ugly

Nevertheless, I love your place! I was in Lund a few years ago, it's a beautiful place to live, awesome landscapes at Oresund, both Sweden and Danish sides (I spend a couple of days going across the "Around the sound - Oresund" route, by train and boat )
    If you ever feel like visiting Lund again look me up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.

Many, many years ago I took the train from Madrid to Santander, but that is as close as I've been to your neck of the woods.

I hope you like your time here.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG ! Living in Spain - you have good light many months in a year, and many good places to take photos .

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG! I'm a big fan of Spain - I lived in Segovia for two summers, and have been to Burgos, Salamanca, Avila, Toledo, Madrid, Granada, Cordoba, Malaga, Sevilla and Barcelona on several trips. I know what you mean about the brown dry table land in central Spain - but it can be pretty in its own right.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello and welcome to the APUG site......
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin