Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,989   Online: 784

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Photographing Since 1972

Greetings, forum photographers ! I am a amateur and semi-professional photographer who has been into the art ever since I began shooting on an old 35 mm Argus viewfinder camera (sort of a Leica imitation) at the age of 10. I must admit, however, I loved to shoot on the Polaroid instant camera a lot also - instant gratification... :-) I acquired B&W darkroom equipment and a 6x6 Ricohflex TLR during my teens, and was tutored quite a bit by the late B&W artist John Scarlata, who was resident city arts council photographer at the time. During the following years up to the mid 1990's, I was a serious amateur, and acquired a Nikon N2000 SLR, and further honed my artistic eye and skills. After this I began shooting some portfolio shots - chiefly weddings and portraits, and successfully completed some wedding, group and individual portrait work with very pleasing results. I used the revenue from the first jobs to purchase a Kiev 88 6x6 SLR outfit, and with it and my venerable Nikon did quite a bit of professional work. I also did time exposures on transparency (both MF & 35mm) of my Christmas train layout and had them published in a model train magazine, which I considered to be my magnum opus . I kind of eased out of the professional work by 2000, though, as family demands increased and I became disenchanted with wedding work in particular. Today, I just added digital (please excuse my mention of such !) to my skills this month, and I must say I found myself quite at home with the DSLR, as it operates so similarly to a film camera. But the old Nikon is still in the bag, loaded and ready !

Happy Shooting !
    Wade S. Boyette
    Last edited by wsboyette; 07-18-2014 at 10:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Wade. Welcome to APUG. Glad you could join us.

Careful, though. Before you know it, we'll have you looking at 8x10 cameras...

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the welcome, guys. I have just created my portfolio album and uploaded 15 pictures, shot on 355mm and 6x6 MF, to it.

Shooter
    35mm

great camera

I bought a Nikon N2000 in the 1990s and still have it. It is a camera that doesn't get much respect but I have found it to be a workhorse and the batteries last me for years. I used it in windstorms and rainstorms in parts of Arizona famed for their sudden, violent storms, dust devils (tiny tornadoes) and their monsoon season. Yes, they have five seasons in parts of the desert, not a boring some-old-same-old four like in other places. Welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    35mm
    N2000--best Nikon manual-focus ever made (because the exposure info is so easy to see & use; also a winder is all I need). I wore a used one out in 10 yrs 0f steady shooting, but got another one. I've been shooting since 1966.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Wade and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Nadvornick View Post
    Hi Wade. Welcome to APUG. Glad you could join us.

Careful, though. Before you know it, we'll have you looking at 8x10 cameras...

Ken
    Now that's the gimmick ! An 8x10 field view camera ! Never used one before. I have an instructional video on how to use the view camera's movements, and would like to learn how some day. Bet you could pick up that field view camera now reasonable, since film has kind of fallen out of mainstream use..... I might could go for at least a 4x5, anyway - just saw some great deals on some Toyos on ebay ;-)
    Last edited by wsboyette; 07-19-2014 at 05:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Howdy fellow photog, and happ photography!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    N2000--best Nikon manual-focus ever made (because the exposure info is so easy to see & use; also a winder is all I need). I wore a used one out in 10 yrs 0f steady shooting, but got another one. I've been shooting since 1966.
    I originally paid only $250 for my N2000 with a 35-70 aspherical zoom lens, and (with the addition of some filters & accessories) you cannot tell that the pictures that came out of it weren't shot on a $2000+ "professional grade" outfit. The only problem I ever encountered with the camera was some corrosion of the in-body contacts that detect lens aperture setting, which I easily cleaned, and the Nikon has worked flawlessly ever since.
    Last edited by wsboyette; 07-19-2014 at 05:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin