Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,405   Online: 1044

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to APUG

deon

New to APUG

Hi All,

This is my first post on APUG. I am a full time fine art photographer. I've been shooting film and in the darkroom since I was seven years old. Check out my website to see what kind of imagery I create reloading a Kodak "Fun Saver Panoramic 35" disposable camera with Kodak Tri-X film. My work has been exhibited across North America as well as Europe.

http://www.deonreynolds.com

Thanks,

Deon

Shooter
    35mm

nice

Very nice photographs. I have been complaining for years about the notion of a limited array of cameras -- mostly only expensive ones -- being "pro" cameras. A pro camera is a camera a pro uses no matter how modest it is. I have used a cheap Kodak panorama camera and have had the images used by various publications. I have a relative who visited Stonehenge (before the fence went up) and got fantastic images of the place at dusk. It's not the box, it's the eye. Good work.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Deon from across the pond.
    Great photographs - enjoyed looking at your work very much, thanks.
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "The Loneliest Road in America"

Yes. Image #32. Worked as a field geologist back in the 80s. THAT's the Great Basin I remember...

Welcome to APUG, Deon. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Absolutley superior work all around.... I was blown away by the panoramics as a pano photographer, myself... I love seeing folks work with simple stuff and produce grat photos and yous most surely are. Keep at it!

Logan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. Your photos as seen on your website are wonderful -- they are certainly evocative of certain parts of the U.S. and the feeling you can get when out in the middle of nowhere. I see on your blog that you are printing your photographs, but presumably on an ink jet printer, meaning you're working primarily with digital scans of your "panoramic" negatives -- I put that in quotes because I guess you're shooting with one of those disposable one-shutter-speed one-f/stop cameras that had a plastic (?) wide angle lens and masked off the top and bottom of a standard 24X36 negative to get a panoramic format. I'm very impressed what you are able to do with that equipment, and would enjoy hearing more about your workflow. I'm sure we'll enjoy your company here on APUG and, hopefully, you ours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Deon and a warm welcome to APUG. Enjoyed your pictures!

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin