Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,967   Posts: 1,558,463   Online: 1011

Shooter
    Multi Format

Self-Assignment: A blog on learning, once again, how to take pictures

Did a blog on today's exercise in learning how to take pictures: One lens, one film, one camera. It helps you focus.

Blog here:

http://charlestrentelman.blogspot.co...-one-lens.html

and some of the results

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	street slc_0016.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	119.3 KB 
ID:	92343

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	street slc_0013.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	196.4 KB 
ID:	92344

Shooter
    35mm
    Cool images. The 15mm produces such a funny perspective.
    The idea is very cool and the whole idea of discipline and limitations really does help people (at least I find it helps me) to really think about what you're shooting. As much as we don't want to think it, when we have "unlimited" photos, we tend to burn a few frames without any sort of forethought and think to ourselves "oh well" and in general I find this makes for lazier shooting. When your mental space is in making each and every shot count, I think you'll find the results to be better
    Plus, I really hate culling a crap load images... especially if there are thousands to go through. Who has time these days???

My two cents for now

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dugrant153 View Post
    Cool images. The 15mm produces such a funny perspective.
    The idea is very cool and the whole idea of discipline and limitations really does help people (at least I find it helps me) to really think about what you're shooting. As much as we don't want to think it, when we have "unlimited" photos, we tend to burn a few frames without any sort of forethought and think to ourselves "oh well" and in general I find this makes for lazier shooting. When your mental space is in making each and every shot count, I think you'll find the results to be better
    Plus, I really hate culling a crap load images... especially if there are thousands to go through. Who has time these days???

My two cents for now

Exactly. I really feel even the pt and sht digital I use primarily for grandparent shooting is making me very lazy and non-selective. I don't like feeling that way

I like that lens. It is reasonably rectilinear, not as much vignetting as you would expect, darn sharp.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am currently thinking between Heliar 15mm and Lomo LC wide ... Heliar is for sure sharper, but Lomo LC wide is very cool camera. I know a guy who has Lomo LC wide - he will borrow me the camera for test, then I will see how good the lens on Lomo wide is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice images.

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin