Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,491   Posts: 1,542,947   Online: 855

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF

Hello from the Netherlands

Just joined APUG and wanted to introduce myself.

I have been involved with photography for a long time, used to run the darkroom and teach processing when at university around 20 years ago, but moved to digital in the late 90s. 2 years ago I got bitten by the film bug again and started shooting with a Leica M6, later adding a digital body as well, and have just purchased a Bronica SQ-Ai which I will hopefully be receiving in the next couple of days.

For anyone interested, I update my Leica blog at http://leica-m.photography, and will hopefully be able to post some MF images on the forum soon.

Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello, From sunny and smoggy central valley Modesto California! Happy photography! -a.rodriguezpix aka aRolleibrujo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I liked the bw images too much but color ones looks wrong or over processed or you use ektar film. I dont know but its strange looking colors.
    But bw is very successful , color images seem to me created to get lots of colors and synthesized , not good. We do process the color images but to overcome of not fresh film , out dated developer or scanner glass. I used 8 leicas in 20 years and not get such colors , even close to it.
    Forget your digital habits , use portra and trust your lens. Leica creates excellent colors but not Summilux also. Buy an Summicron and try again.
    Can you please ask easier questions ? One Apug members request .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Simon.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    I liked the bw images too much but color ones looks wrong or over processed or you use ektar film. I dont know but its strange looking colors.
    But bw is very successful , color images seem to me created to get lots of colors and synthesized , not good. We do process the color images but to overcome of not fresh film , out dated developer or scanner glass. I used 8 leicas in 20 years and not get such colors , even close to it.
    Forget your digital habits , use portra and trust your lens. Leica creates excellent colors but not Summilux also. Buy an Summicron and try again.
    I'm not sure I understand? Are you talking about my photos, or about Leica in general, or are you accidentally replying to the wrong thread?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Ignore the above.

Welcome to APUG. I hope to visit Holland some day soon!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Simon and welcome to the APUG site. Glad you found your way back to film usage, both B&W and color too.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin