Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,118   Posts: 1,636,838   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Ilford FP4+ is a pretty dependable film that you can process at home. If you want colour, Fuji or Kodak - Equally as good, and Peak Imaging in Sheffield can do the processing if you don't want to get your hands dirty.

Oh, and Ilford run their own process and print service (http://www.ilfordlab.com/)...

What's it like?? I'm not a fan of flat blacks - pure whites and deep blacks with plenty of tonal range between - if you please!

Has anyone used their service?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome.
    You must try Kodak Portra. It really is an amazing, current color print film especially in 120. Its old news to most of us but for someone returning to film after a long hiatus, never having seen it I think you will be pleased.

Velvia 50 slide film is currently available and is well loved.

I will let others share black and white favourites.
    "If its not broken, I can't afford it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello Tosh and a warm welcome to APUG!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Color slide: Velvia 50, Provia 100F.
    Color negative: Portra 400, Ektar 100, Kodak 400.
    B&W: HP5+, Rollei IR400s.

Next year I plan to try some of the new Ferrania 100 E-6 film, once they've made a batch for sale. Welcome to the asylum known as film photography, and to APUG.
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes. This is the place you were looking for.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello, we ARE the droids you're looking for-welcome to APUGland! I'm a big fan of XP2 for b+w....lovely tones and C41 so you can get it done by any decent lab. HP5 + is a close second for me [I'm still mourning Verichrome Pan and all 3 Agfapans].
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin