Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,908   Posts: 1,521,500   Online: 917

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New From Philly

Images

New From Philly

Hi everyone,
    I have been lurking around for about six months now trying to learn the language. Alot of it seems foreign to me, but I am slowly learning to translate. I am a children's photographer from just outside Philadelphia, PA. I shoot mainly 35mm and in the past worked alot with c-41 films because I was not inclined to "get my hands dirty." After having the pleasure of "stalking" Cheryl Jacobs for the past year, I have finally opened my eyes to the endless oppotunities true b/w films have to offer. I now have added a hasselblad 500c and Leica rangefinder to my collection, and buy Trix by the brick. My developing and printing classes start in 2 weeks. With the help of you guys, I hope to be speaking fluent analog by years end. **wink. -Karen Carey

Images
    Good Morning, Karen,

Welcome from Illinois. If you've been around here for six months, you probably already know that just about any information you may need can be found on APUG. For anything else, you may have to ask! Enjoy your darkroom work; before long, you'll wonder why you didn't start doing it earlier.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Karen! Don't be shy about getting your hands wet! Nice to see another woman here...

Kids are my main subject as well, and b/w will really give you some wide latitude for photographing them. Especially when they are hidng in dark corners! Looking forward to seeing your photos in the gallery.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome, from just over the river in Southern NJ.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Gawd, not you again!! LOL. You know I'm totally kidding.

I'm really glad to see you diving in over here. Honestly, the language can sometimes even confuse me, and I've been elbow-deep in it for quite a while. The great thing about APUG is that you pretty much won't ever outgrow it, and the people here will always challenge you.

Congrats, and have fun with the developing! There's nothing more satisfying than standing over a sink with fixer dripping off your elbow.

- CJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, from central Jersey. I am sure you will enjoy your time here, just as I am. (BTW, I am a newbee too! )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Karen. Glad to hear that you've added B&W to your mix, along with some excellent photon traps.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from western Mass. Glad you enjoy your visits here.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah.... I'm with Suzanne...welcome to another woman!!

I remember my first B&W class... I took it with a friend who wanted to learn how to do B&W. I wasn't really nuts about it, but I thought "hey...she's my friend!" Well, to make a long story short...she quit (both the class & our friendship) and I kept going! And here I am.... so have GREAT fun in that class!!!

Welcome to APUG!!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from a Philly expat! ( I grew up in Haverford Township after moving out of West Philly at age 8.) This is a wonderful site with more dimensions than anyother site I know of, including p.net. Well organized forums, gallerys, journals, chatroom and such. Again...welcome!
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin