Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,552   Online: 822

Thread: Youngin...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Youngin...

I suppose its time to introduce myself.

my name is Ryan, I'm 20 years old. I have an avid hobby (addiction) to photography (like so many of people) I go to a local college for business administration in Southeastern PA. I work for a local camera shop, which is where i've learnt a large percentage of my knowledge. I feel the same way about film as many of you do (obviously) I shoot >99% 35mm which is mostly black and white. I have a darkroom in my basement which i print my black and white in, and whatever color I do I get printed at my work. I shoot with a Nikon F100 (that i love btw) and thats pretty much. On a side note, since my shop is very consumer based I feel very happy that this place is a place where there are a lot of people who know more about processing and printing than I do. Usually i have to explain such things to my customers as what depth of field is and such. I really hope to learn a lot about darkroom processing and printing from you fine ladies and gents.

--Ryan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooooops wrong forum...

feel free to move...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    And preach the word, my son, preach the word!

Welcome to APUG.

Images
    Maybe the wrong forum but you certainly found the right site, Ryan.
    It's great to see younger people enjoying the traditional photographic methods. Welcome.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Hi Ryan...........is that you? Its gotta be! -Karen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Ryan!
    This is definitely the right place!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kcarey
    Hi Ryan...........is that you? Its gotta be! -Karen
    Hah

Haha, Hi Karen, small world eh?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Ryan:

Welcome. I feel funny writing that because I'm a relative newbee, myself.

Analog photography may not be the most economical means of creating photographic images, but I dare say it remains the best.

(Sigh!) Oh, to be twenty again and have an addiction such as this....If I knew then what I know now...well, lets not go there...then again, maybe there's a new thread to start. Hmmmm

As my seveth grade history teacher was fond of saying, "Drink deeply from the cup of knowledge". And I would just add, "and don't forget to turn and share the cup with your neighbor..."

You may dabble with digital, but always be faithful to film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    Hi Ryan:

Welcome. I feel funny writing that because I'm a relative newbee, myself.

Analog photography may not be the most economical means of creating photographic images, but I dare say it remains the best.

(Sigh!) Oh, to be twenty again and have an addiction such as this....If I knew then what I know now...well, lets not go there...then again, maybe there's a new thread to start. Hmmmm

As my seveth grade history teacher was fond of saying, "Drink deeply from the cup of knowledge". And I would just add, "and don't forget to turn and share the cup with your neighbor..."

You may dabble with digital, but always be faithful to film.
    Well lets just say i'm a HUGE sponge when it comes to knowledge when i'm interested in the subject, and photography is an addiciton almost. As far as dabbling in digital the extent of my digital is playing with the cameras at work, and playing withe photoshop for fun. but as a pro digital photographer once told me "no digital compares with my 8X10 negs"

--Ryan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin