Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,961   Posts: 1,558,292   Online: 961

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello From Plainfield IL

My name is Lou Lohman. I collect Exakta, Ziess Ikon and Konica - but I collect to use, not for the sake of collecting.

I run a web site for a group of Exakta Collectors at www1.exaktalist.org . The site has been down a couple of weeks now since we got hacked - I should have it up again in the next day or so. I also run a 'no fee' auction site for cameras and related equipment at www.camera-auction.com . As far as I know, it is the only site on the Internet that is strictly User-supported (through voluntary contributions) and devoted entirely to cameras and camera stuff. There are absolutely no fees associated with any activity on the site - you can join, list, bid, relist, set reserves and all the other things you can do on the 'other site', but there are no fees to pay. All we ask is that if you sell it at a good price, or buy it right or just cruise the site frequently to see 'what's going on', that you consider making a contribution to the site. The minimum contribution we ask is One Dollar, because of PayPal fees.

Lastly, as I have always said, I don't think I have ever taken a 'good' photograph, but I know one when I see one. That being said, I love photography - I have for as long as I can remember. I just wish I were better at it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Lou, welcome to APUG.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Images
    Hi Lou. My first "real" camera was an Exakta VX1000 with a Travemat prism and an CZ Jena 50mm. What a great camera to learn photography with.

Welcome aboard.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Images
    Good Afternoon, Lou,

Welcome from southern Illinois.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi-de-ho from a longtime Kankakeean...now in So. California.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from NE Illinois.
    Richard

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Lou.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like your site. I'm not far from you - Naperville.
    Mark Schumann

"I'm a Adnams man"

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks - my other site is back online now (www1.exaktalist.org) and I am preparing another no-fee auction site, so I have been busy. But Mark - if you like my site, sign up. My next site is going to be www.photograph-auction.com, where folks will be able to buy and sell Daguerreotype, Ambrotype, CDVs, Calotype and any other 'type' that people might collect. I am also working on a portal site that will be (there is a primitive page there now) www.no-fee-auctions.com where all of the no-fee auctions I will eventually have running will be findable and reachable.

But thanks, I'm glad you like my site.

Lou

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Salutations from eastern Canada Lou,
    I just checked out your 2 web sites and they look wonderful.When I have some free time I,d like to log onto the exaktalist and find some information about the two exakta,s I was given this winter.
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin