Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,136   Posts: 1,637,397   Online: 921

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My intro

Shooter
    Multi Format

My intro

Hello all

This year I've jumped head first back into the world of film. I'm currently shooting with four film cameras, a Pentax MX with SMC 50mm 1.4, A Rank Mamiya 35mm Rangefinder from '63 (? - it's a rebadged Mamiya 4b for the UK market), my mum's old Kodak Brownie Six-20 Model E, and a Polaroid Land Camera 320.

So far I've only got results from the Polaroid - being that it is instant of course. Thoroughly love that camera, wish it was a 250 for the tripod mount but otherwise it's fab. Just about to start work on modding an old electronic flash to give it the necessary tiny delay to allow it to work with this camera (which is designed for old flashbulbs).

My Pentax is a beauty. Why can't they build cameras this well anymore? Gorgeous. And so cheap to buy!

The Brownie is a favourite, after all it is my mum's. I've just re-rolled some 120 film onto 620 spools and shot my first roll (of 8 photos).

And I've just been down town to shoot a few shots on the Mamiya in the marketplace.

Film wise I'm sticking to Ilford, HP5+ for 35mm, and for the Brownie I used FP4+ - no particular reason other than that's what was available to me.

Haven't processed anything yet, but intend to develop the film myself in a couple of weeks - first time developing at home - and then get them scanned initially.

We shall see what awful photos I've taken so far

I've got plenty of digital gear, but I'm loving the opportunity to try out new cameras, and the excitement of not knowing what photos I've got yet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Just so long as they're awful. I wouldn't want you to "experiment" on a roll with good photos on it.

Welcome back to film. It looks like you've got a good set of cameras started. They're like bunnies. Put four of them together and soon you will have sixteen.

How's the light meter on the Mamiya? I haven't found very many that were still working.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeh the light meter is shot. I've got a Sekonic 358 and a meter on my phone that can take its place.

I fully guarantee all photos I shoot will be poor, unexposed, badly composed and likely upside-down.

I've just taken photos of all of my film cameras - they're in my flickr here:

www.flickr.com/photos/glennsmithphotography

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    welcome aboard!

Shooter
    35mm
    Welcome to the asylum!
    ME Super

Shoot more film.
    There are eight ways to put a slide into a projector tray. Seven of them are wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home Wizard !

~ Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Wizard. Glad you've found this site.
    "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care"

- Theodore Roosevelt -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. I think you're going to like developing your own film.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello walliswizard and welcome to APUG.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin