Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,053   Posts: 1,561,226   Online: 1085

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Howdy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Howdy

Howdy, my real name is Nathan Smith and I live in Austin, Texas.

I've been 'talking' to Bob Fowler about photo stuff, among other things, for some time now so I thought I'd better subscribe so I can pester, I mean, share my thoughts and questions with the greater photo community.

I had fun in the darkrooms supplied by the U.S. Air Force from '79-'85 or so, but haven't been back since (though I hope to be building one in my house soon) and got away from photography to a large degree until the late '90's.

I got into medium format stuff, mostly TLR's, a few years ago but recently (ok, a year and a half ago) got a Kodak 2D 5x7 and have been slowly fixing it up and collecting gear. Collecting gear is what I seem to do best. I'm currently trying to reverse this trend with mixed results.

I'm interested in doing some classic B&W prints as well as trying out some alternative techniques.

Thanks,
    Nathan (nsmith01tx)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nathan and welcome to the APUG Anonymous! It gets a bit addictive around here.
    Kind regards from West Australia, Nicole

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Nicole, based on a quick peek at your web site I can tell it will be inspirational, if not downright humbling, as well. Love your work.
    Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Nathan. I look forward to seeing your work.

Images
    Good Morning, Nathan,

Welcome from Illinois. Enjoy your stay.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Nathan!

Since you are only a little ways from D/FW you might want to check in with this thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum61/14016-north-texas-apug-get-together.html

If you have some free time on the weekend, come on up for the get together
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx
    I got into medium format stuff, mostly TLR's, a few years ago but recently (ok, a year and a half ago) got a Kodak 2D 5x7 and have been slowly fixing it up and collecting gear.
    I don't know what it is about Texas, but myself, Lee, and Mike (photomc) all shoot 5x7--welcome to the club
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jeremy! I have a hard time getting away on the weekends ... DFW is still 4 hours away unfortunately. But keep me in the loop, one of these days I'll make it!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Nathan!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nsmith01tx
    Howdy, my real name is Nathan Smith and I live in Austin, Texas.

I've been 'talking' to Bob Fowler about photo stuff, among other things, for some time now so I thought I'd better subscribe so I can pester, I mean, share my thoughts and questions with the greater photo community.

I had fun in the darkrooms supplied by the U.S. Air Force from '79-'85 or so, but haven't been back since (though I hope to be building one in my house soon) and got away from photography to a large degree until the late '90's.

I got into medium format stuff, mostly TLR's, a few years ago but recently (ok, a year and a half ago) got a Kodak 2D 5x7 and have been slowly fixing it up and collecting gear. Collecting gear is what I seem to do best. I'm currently trying to reverse this trend with mixed results.

I'm interested in doing some classic B&W prints as well as trying out some alternative techniques.

Thanks,
    Nathan (nsmith01tx)
    All I can say is.... it's about time :o Welcome aboard!

To the rest of the APUG community - Nathan doesn't pester... really... he doesn't... Anyone who uses a 2D can't be all bad!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin