Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,622   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hallo to all

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hallo to all

Hi,

My name is Haris Dobardzic. I am from Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina. Former Yugoslavia (maybe you remember Tito and Winter Olympic games 1984.). I am 36 years young, and I work in daily newspapers called "Oslodobjenje" (translated to English it would be "Liberation"), not as photographer, but as DTP operator. I started on this job 10 years ago. And because of my job I first get seriously in touch with photography through digital photography. After 5 years working with digital photographs, I decide to get into photography as hobby, but with film, and established myself a darkroom. I simply don't like digital imaging (I can't call it photography), even if in my country if one wants to get job as photographer one must work with digital. And maybe I would have go get into digital for reasons out of my influence. But, as long as I can buy film, paper and chemistry, I will stay in film photography for myself. I am still learning, and I found this site and people here great community.

As my country was in war 10 years ago, I am war veteran. I was wounded in my right arm, and now have only 30 percent of right arm function (I am 70 percent invalid). I am saying this not to get simpathy, I function very well in "normal" life and in "photography" life. I am saying this because I learned how this world, and especially photography world is exclusive right handed oriented world. Something for me or even you to think about. And you can imagine that Rollei 3003 would be great camera to have, you know, because shutter buttons on both sides of camera, and even on top of it .

I use Konica S2 auto, Canon EOS500n, Canon EOS3 for 35mm, and Yashica Mat 124 for MF. I am trying to get 6x7, probably Mamiya RB, or RZ...

That would be all for now. Regards

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Haris!
    You have already made quite a few posts so I am sure you are familiar with APUG, but I am glad you decided to "come out of the closet".
    It seems these days that admitting that you are a film photographer carries more weight than any sexual or religious preference!

I work in a daily newspaper myself (called "Mesogios" - Mediterranean) so I know precicely what you are talking about. Even though I handle the international news (and know all about your recent sufferings) I do "feed" the paper with photographs some times, with a bit more artistic viewpoint than the regular hit-and-run photographers.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Haris, a very warm welcome to APUG! Wonderful to have you on board and I look forward to seeing your work. Kind regards from West Australia, Nicole

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Haris!

One of the greatest of all photographers, Josef Sudek, only had one arm...

Have you considered large format?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for warm welcome.

Ole, I am aware of Josef Sudek (digression, I allways thought his name is Josef Soudek... well I was wrong). I do remember even documentary film about him, in that film he walks through woods with camera on tripod over his shoulder. Have big white beard as I can remember and hat on his head...
    I do think about large format, but there are several reasons why for now why I can't go into it. Some are financial, and others are that I want first to get as familiar as I can with 35mm and MF, and then I hope in about two years or so to try to get into large format. You know working with f45 or 128 after f1,8 up to maximum f22 is biiiiiiiiig difference , then to get used to different tonal ranges and contrasts of LF film compared to 35mm and even MF... It will wait a while...

"It seems these days that admitting that you are a film photographer carries more weight than any sexual or religious preference!"

Arigram, in my country not to use digital camera, to be homosexual and to be atheist is no, no. I am not using digital and I am atheist. So...

Nicole, I have web site with few photographs, but I didn't wanted to show them yet... well, OK, please visit harisdobardzic.tripod.com.

Thank you, and best regards.

Images
    Good Morning, Haris,

Welcome from Illinois. The Yashica 124 and the Konica S2 might be a little old, but they'll still beat out most digital. Keep clicking.

Konical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Haris from Hawaii!! I think you have found the right place. Looking forward to seeing some of your images.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dobar dan, Haris. Dobrodosao.

Now that we've almost exhausted my Srpski-Hrvatski, I'll say I'm glad you're here and looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hvala Juan, bolje te nasao

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by haris
    Nicole, I have web site with few photographs, but I didn't wanted to show them yet... well, OK, please visit harisdobardzic.tripod.com.
    Oh-la-la, Haris! Beautiful life & forms, incredible light and an amazing photographer. Very nice work! I look forward to seeing more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin