Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,952   Online: 1093

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

I never knew this thread existed!

It's never too late for introductions. I'm Chris and I love "traditional" photography. Only recently have I, once again, put together a darkroom with bought and borrowed equipment. I ripped apart a Beseler 23C heading for the trash, installed a v54 cold light, bought a RHdesign timer with light sensor (second best money I ever spent) and picked up a couple rodenstock lenses. So far so good. I mostly shoot 35mm but go on 6x6 and 6x9 benders with my AGFA and Zeiss folders. I recently started shooting 4x5 with a Graflex Pacemaker. I've been developing the 4x5 film in an old Unicolor drum and rotor set up; works well. Since I can't enlarge the 4x5 I plan, some day, to contact print them preferably on AZO. I just found a poloroid back and some 55 film which I plan to try out this weekend. Already mixed up some 18% sodium sulfite.
    My daughter Margot just turned 2, my "wife" Julie Lemberger is a professional photographer specializing in dance peformance. We live in Brooklyn New York.

So there it is...
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Chris. You've obviously been around here long enough to realize what a great resource APUG is. Looking forward to seeing your work and reading your posts.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Chris,
    From another Brooklynite.

Images
    Hi Chris, I am in the same situation of making 4x5 negs without the ability to enlarge them.. I guess that I'll be a very busy fellow if I ever get a 4x5 enlarger.

I used to shoot a lot of Ballet. Difficult work. That probably explains my fondness for shooting still-lifes these days
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Welcome Chris I also shoot 4X5 without the ability to enlarge. I do scan them for proofing purposes ( I bet I'm in trouble for that one.)
    By the way I live in the heart of the Finger Lakes wine country. Production manager for Knapp Wine. If you ever get out of the city come visit us.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Right on, another Brooklynite here too (but now living in SoCal. Saganich -- you were on the PAW list right?

Images
    Good Evening, Chris,

Welcome from Illinois. Glad to see another person who uses a simple drum for sheet film processing; don't know why everyone doesn't do it that way.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, Hello Eric, yea I'm keeping up with the PAW the third year. This is a tough year though, more printing less shooting it seems. I have an awfull backlog of prints to make and I'm a slow printer. Takes me a week to get a working print I'm happy with.

I love the fingerlakes. I have some friends in Trumensburg.

Chris
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Chris, from Melbourne, Australia.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New York, New York.

Hi Chris, I've been to NYC a few times now. I love my job, what can I say?

Last trip, Jan 05, I finally made it to Brooklyn via a walk over the Brooklyn Bridge. Georgoeus! And all the wedding parties coming down for photos on the pier under the Eastern side of the bridge... Beautiful

Enjoy your new found traditional roots. Many on APUG seem to be in the same boat, including myself.

Glenn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin