Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,192   Online: 703

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hello from Chicago

Since you clicked here, I should tell you a little about myself. I have been shooting over 30 years. I was ten when my parents gave me my first real camera (Canon Ae-1). About six years ago my wife and I deiced to take our hobby and turn it into a business. We started shooting weddings, portraits and fine art landscapes. I have read and studied just about everything written by Ansel Adams and, as a result, I find myself shooting more and more Black and White these days. I find black and white photography very liberating, free from the constraints of color, opening my world to a new vision which is usually hidden by color photography.

Although it may seems at times that I am a “gear-head”, I am not. However, I do use whatever equipment necessary to get the photograph I want. Over time I am finding that I prefer larger formats and finding 35mm too limiting. Medium format is my current choice as I like having the large negative to view. I am also a confirmed film shooter. I know that digital is the next best thing since sliced bread, but I am having a hard time stomaching the cost of it. I consider the photograph not complete until it’s printed and I do have a wet darkroom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    welcome from a fellow Chicagolander.

Mike

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAPhoto
    Over time I am finding that I prefer larger formats and finding 35mm too limiting. Medium format is my current choice as I like having the large negative to view. I am also a confirmed film shooter. I know that digital is the next best thing since sliced bread, but I am having a hard time stomaching the cost of it. I consider the photograph not complete until it’s printed and I do have a wet darkroom.
    Good Afternoon, CLAphoto,

Welcome to the state of Chicago from southern Illinois. Your comments indicate that you have been infected with a chronic disease. Before long you'll probably be hallucinating about sheet film and cameras with all kinds of strange adjustments.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello from Chicago's northernmost suburb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from the mid part of the West, rather than the midwest, Christopher.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    And welcome from Europe, the Mediterranean, the Balkans, Greece, the Peloponnese and Ancient Corinth.
    Good to have you here.
    James

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Southern Hemisphere checking in ...

Welcome from Sydney Australia.

Enjoy your visits to APUG and also the slippery slope to Large Format

Glenn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from Wilmette.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from an Omahan who makes it up to Chicago several times each year.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!
    This is a great place... especially if you think film is the greatest thing since home-made bread! (as opposed to that fluffo-white stuff) haha
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin