Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,181   Online: 1132

Thread: Hello All!

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Hello All!

Another noobie here. I have been shooting since 1980. I started with large format, 4x5, and pretty much stayed with that. I dabbled in small and medium format a long time ago and didn't like it. For part of my livelihood I do architectural and automotive portraiture for a small group of clients, for fun I do landscape and architectural photography.

I have recently gone partially over to the darkside, please don't hold it against me, in that I use a hybrid process. I capture on film, scan and tweak in the digital domain, make a film negative and contact print on silver based paper. On the business end I must inkjet print and provide files, that's what people want these days.

I look forward to learning!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Greetings. Welcome from Hawaii!!! I don't think you will get too many objections about your method, we all do what we have to in order to make a living. While we discuss "film" based photography here, we all understand that digital is a part of the business.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Dandy!
    Where in this great state are you? I'm in Hartland.

APUG is a great place to talk film & processing! Hope you find it as informative as I have!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Dan. I should mention that while this is an open and friendly place, you really don't need to share all your dark secrets about using d . . . d . . ., well I can't say it, but you know what I mean. (lol)
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Dandr from Sydney, Australia.

Enjoy your time on APUG. It's a great place to learn. (Get into one of the print exchange groups and you'll see what I mean

Glenn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Welcome Dandy!
    Where in this great state are you? I'm in Hartland.

APUG is a great place to talk film & processing! Hope you find it as informative as I have!
    I am in Greenfield, so not too far away.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'll be in Madison next week for a beer run....... Welcome...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hola...Send cheese...don't cut it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin