Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,816   Posts: 1,581,629   Online: 752

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Hello from NW Indiana

Hello to all:

My name is Gary Griffin and I live in Merrillville, IN about 40-50 miles east of Chicago. We moved here last year from St.Louis with our jobs. My better half and I both work in auto assembly industry. I had been attending school in St. Louis and was hoping to do the same here, but I haven't found a school that will really work out for me. Anyway, for the most part I shoot 35mm but I also have a Holga which I really want to use this year. I am in the process of getting a darkroom together and putting it to some good use. I have already been given alot of very good info from folks here, and hopefully I can return the favor.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome. The best favour you can do is to post your pictures in the gallery.

Greetings and good luck with building your darkroom.

Hans
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hola Holga Hoosier.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome, Gary, from Melbourne, Australia. I lived in NW Indiana for a year, in South Bend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi
    Hello to all:

My name is Gary Griffin and I live in Merrillville, IN about 40-50 miles east of Chicago. We moved here last year from St.Louis with our jobs. My better half and I both work in auto assembly industry. I had been attending school in St. Louis and was hoping to do the same here, but I haven't found a school that will really work out for me. Anyway, for the most part I shoot 35mm but I also have a Holga which I really want to use this year. I am in the process of getting a darkroom together and putting it to some good use. I have already been given alot of very good info from folks here, and hopefully I can return the favor.

G
    Well, how about that! I just went by there this past week as I took a trip to Kalamazoo, MI to see some family! And, I have family in Ft. Wayne which takes me right through there!
    Welcome to APUG, Gary!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greetings, all you northwest Indiana people, from South Bend.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey Gary,

That's my old stomping grounds. I'm from a tiny little town called Union Mills (my brother and sister still live there and my other brother lives in LaPorte). My wife is from Valparaiso (where her dad still lives).

What type of schooling are you looking for? I'm a graduate of both Purdue North Central and Purdue Calumet. Both are within commuting distance of Merrilville. It's been a while since I graduated (1983 from North Central and 1987 from Calumet), but I believe both schools have grown considerably in both enrollment and course/degree offerings.

Kerry

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Nashville, Indiana

Welcome Gary. My wife and I moved here a year ago, and I'm just setting up my darkroom. We moved here from California to be near my wifes family. I'm also working in medium format, as well as 35, all B&W. I'm gearing up to doing a "people in Bloomington" shoot, after I get used to some new (used) gear, and working in the darkroom. So, good luck to you, Russell Smith.

Images
    Welcome, Gary,

Sorry you had to move north; as you know, winter here near St. Louis isn't much fun, but winter near Chicago (and downwind from Lake Michigan) has to be a lot worse. Hope you like to do snow and ice shots.

Konical

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Gary,
    I live in Crown Point. There is a photography program at IU northwest in Gary. If you want/can commute, Columbia in Chicago has a good program as well. If you like I can email you and we can chat. There are a few of us with hypo smell wandering around the "region". Welcome.
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin