Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,708   Posts: 1,548,613   Online: 1062

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Joisey

Hello everyone,

Another long-time lurker de-cloaks. I'm Jonathan Stark, from Lumberton, NJ. You've never heard of it, but it's about 15 miles due east of Philadelphia. I'm an IT project manager (job 1), church organist (job 2) and enthusiastic amateur photographer. I shoot mostly 35mm and a little 120, and use old-ish (Pentax Spotmatics), really old (Exaktas, Leica, Rolleiflex) and very old (don't ask) equipment. (I'm a bit of an old camera collector too, but that's a nasty addiction we won't discuss in mixed company!) Currently I shoot mostly nature and landscape on color transparency. The local lab guy's taken to calling me "chrome boy".... you think he'd be more respectful to the people who are keeping him in the film processing business! Long, long ago (1970's) I had a darkroom for B&W printing, which I hope to set back up soon, but I have much to learn about B&W processing and printing. And I must admit there's one digicam in the house, it's my wife's, but I'm safe from temptation to use it 'cause I don't have the patience to cope with its 43 layers of menus!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome from across the Hudson. Lumbarton's probably too far to photograph from the Upper West Side, but there's another guy who goes by "Jersey Vic" who does live on the river, and we have a bit of a running joke that he's in all my cityscapes.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stark raving
    Hello everyone,

Another long-time lurker de-cloaks. I'm Jonathan Stark, from Lumberton, NJ. You've never heard of it, but it's about 15 miles due east of Philadelphia. I'm an IT project manager (job 1), church organist (job 2) and enthusiastic amateur photographer. I shoot mostly 35mm and a little 120, and use old-ish (Pentax Spotmatics), really old (Exaktas, Leica, Rolleiflex) and very old (don't ask) equipment. (I'm a bit of an old camera collector too, but that's a nasty addiction we won't discuss in mixed company!) Currently I shoot mostly nature and landscape on color transparency. The local lab guy's taken to calling me "chrome boy".... you think he'd be more respectful to the people who are keeping him in the film processing business! Long, long ago (1970's) I had a darkroom for B&W printing, which I hope to set back up soon, but I have much to learn about B&W processing and printing. And I must admit there's one digicam in the house, it's my wife's, but I'm safe from temptation to use it 'cause I don't have the patience to cope with its 43 layers of menus!
    Welchrome aboard! (sorry couldn't resist)

15 miles from Philly ehh? At least you're a heck of a lot closer than I am to one of the best darkroom suppliers in the Garden State, The Darkroom Studios over in Merchantville - great place, AND darkroom rentals to boot!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Sydney Australia...

I was in NJ in Jan, visit number 6 or 7. Nice place to visit

Glenn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welome from about 1-1/2 hours s.w. of Lumberton in the wetlands of Md.'s Eastern Shore. Speaking of ancient equipment, I bought my DII from a gent in Toms River and a lens from Bob Fowler. Both working great. I hope someone, some day will have the nerve and knowledge to establish a Mid-Atlantic forum group here. Do I hear volunteers?
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dr bob
    Welome from about 1-1/2 hours s.w. of Lumberton in the wetlands of Md.'s Eastern Shore. Speaking of ancient equipment, I bought my DII from a gent in Toms River and a lens from Bob Fowler. Both working great. I hope someone, some day will have the nerve and knowledge to establish a Mid-Atlantic forum group here. Do I hear volunteers?
    Ya know, that concept is sounding better and better.

The very least we should do is work out a date/time when those of us in the area can have a get together...

I'm open to suggestions.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Welcome,

I know Lumberton. I grew up there. Now I live right next door in Mt. Holly.

In NJ talk, we're Exit 5 of the NJ Turnpike.

The cyber world is cool, you can talk to people all around the world, or say hello to someone in the town next to you.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Losse
    In NJ talk, we're Exit 5 of the NJ Turnpike.
    Garden State Parkway, Exit 114 or Exit 117!

hehehe
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome Jonathon-there are quite a few musically inclined in the Apug family!

I haven't had the opportunity to visit your town but I have been close and I wouldn't be surprised if Professor Goldfarb starts a Lumberton view series from the roof of his apartment bldg to compliment his legendary "As from My window I sometimes glance series"

Dave Wooten-trumpet (baroque rules)
    Las Vegas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stark raving
    I don't have the patience to cope with its 43 layers of menus!
    Welcome!

i work with digital cameras everyday at work (in fact my job is selling them, its a SIN i know...) anyway you think its hard for you? I have to learn EVERY SINGLE CAMERA out there!

anyway i would prefer to sell film, but its not the primary market.

welcome to apug once again.
    --Ryan

"The negative is the equivalent of the composer's score, and the print the performance." ~Ansel Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin