Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,041   Online: 882

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greets

Shooter
    35mm

Greets

Hi all,

I'm Aniela (better known as Nell) and I'm an artist / photographer / arts event manager / serial volunteer from Adelaide, Australia. I stumbled across this site in search of information on alternative photographic techniques, and have lurked about for quite some time since.

Although I tend to photograph with 35mm, the past few months have seen my collection explode (relatively) with the addition of a Holga, Rolleiflex (2.8f) and many disposable cameras with altered lenses. My last show (which opened a few nights ago) included predominantly photocopy transfers and has almost sold out!

I have a question: I'm looking to apply for a grant to study overseas to gain a new perspective on my work. Could any of you recommend a good university short course which explores alternative techniques? The location of the university isn't too important - I'm concerned more with the quality of the course.

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome, Nell!

Sorry I can't help you with the search for a university, but if there is info about what you are looking for, odds are pretty good you'll find it here!

So, until you do, hope you are having a great time here at APUG!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Nell from Hawaii. I'm a regular visitor to your country; just last September, I was in Murray Bridge. I'm sure you will enjoy visiting us here. It is a great place to learn and to share.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Nell,
    I don't know of a university that meets those requirements either, sorry. I am currently doing Ziatypes, which is an alternate process contact print made with platinum/palladium (and even a few other metals). Nice to see you here!
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Nell, welcome. Great to see another Aussie on here and what you do sounds very interesting. I'll be lurking to see what responses you get. Do you have a website?
    Greetings from Perth, WA.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello and welcome Nell from the S.E. of S.A. It's good to see another Aussie online. Good luck with your search for a course, I hope you find something suitable. Cheers. Carol.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Nell, welcome to APUG, I'm sure somebody here will be able to help out with your question. With your intention to explore other ways of image making, I'm sure we'll get to see some very interesting work.

Regards
    Glenn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    G'day Nell,

welcome aboard.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aniela Szyndler
    Hi all, I have a question: I'm looking to apply for a grant to study overseas to gain a new perspective on my work. Could any of you recommend a good university short course which explores alternative techniques? The location of the university isn't too important - I'm concerned more with the quality of the course.

Thanks
    I've not really investigated state university courses, (usually Graphic Arts) but do know that most "Art" schools, if they even offer some type of included alt course, have photography programs that would include everything in addition. So in effect you would be taking a complete course towards whatever degree they offer. If you are looking for alt courses in particular, your best bet is to attend a workshop. One such school that offers photography workshops is http://www.rmsp.com/AboutUs/Montana.aspx As concerns grants, maybe with a response to your work, an (art) organization would help fund you, but you would have to apply to them, if you haven't already done so. In the end I find that alternative techniques is a personal journey supplemented by good books from practitioners, a workshop if needed, and from the help of people on forums such as this. Beyond that it is practice, practice, practice. Btw, hello and welcome.

Shooter
    35mm
    I do actually have a website, but it's in the process of being redeveloped - I'd rather not post a link to it at the moment as it's a little embarrassing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin