Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,233   Online: 1039

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome Greg!

I was wondering if cabooses are extinct in the Sydney area.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Welcome Greg!

I was wondering if cabooses are extinct in the Sydney area.....
    Caboses or in local speak Guards vans have not been used since the Mid 1980's

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Greg from one Sydney APUG'er to another.

Where do you tend to source your fresh paper and chemicals from? I find Vanbar in the city to be pretty good. Also Foto Riesel in Kent St. , being a supplier to government schools etc means they tend to have plenty of stuff flowing through.

regards
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

And another Sydney welcome.

Hi Greg, glad you found APUG. For the longest time I thought I was the only Sydney-sider here, now happily one of many.

We should maybe all tee up to meet sometime. I think we have maybe 7 or 8 now.

Or we could do a road trip to Melb and shoot trams. Or pics of tourists getting scared at their first "hook turn"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD
    Hi Greg, glad you found APUG. For the longest time I thought I was the only Sydney-sider here, now happily one of many.

Or we could do a road trip to Melb and shoot trams. Or pics of tourists getting scared at their first "hook turn"
    A friend of mine who shoots 6x4.5 and large format will be probably joining in the next few weeks. As I will be setting up his account here for him.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Greg,
    Welcome to APUG. Tonight I just came back from a Sydney photographic trip and am heading back again next week. Enjoy APUG, its a civilized place, kinda' like Melbourne!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB
    Welcome Greg from one Sydney APUG'er to another.

Where do you tend to source your fresh paper and chemicals from? I find Vanbar in the city to be pretty good. Also Foto Riesel in Kent St. , being a supplier to government schools etc means they tend to have plenty of stuff flowing through.

regards
    Peter
    I have not been in there for quite sometime. What I have to laugh is at how the big players have gone right over to digital selling stuff that you could get significantly cheaper elsewhere.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Greg!

Wow, those trains are really blue! Is it the lighting??? I'm a B&W shooter, so maybe all color is just bright to me! haha

Trains are great stuff! Do you have steam trains there, too?

Welcome to APUG!!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Welcome Greg!

Wow, those trains are really blue! Is it the lighting??? I'm a B&W shooter, so maybe all color is just bright to me! haha

Trains are great stuff! Do you have steam trains there, too?

Welcome to APUG!!
    The trains themselves are blue. As to the blue tinge I took the photos on EPP. Which from what I remember the film colour shifts under long exposures. Another excuse to shoot on Fuji stock, which on their current slide films doesn't present this problem. As to the images themselves, they are straight scans with no manipulation I should try to brighten them up a bit.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSYD

That would be a good idea!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin