Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,597   Online: 990

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Allow me...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon
    And apug is a great place for free advertising too.
    It is, yes!

But I would go and sponsor APUG if I had something to promote...it is dead cheap!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo
    It's a shame that the name "Mr. Callow" is already taken. It would fit you well.

Hmm...

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    Maybe 'humble' should be substituted with 'modest'.
    Perhaps, but I've never claimed that title, yet, either. I'm one arrogant soneofabitch sometimes, but underneath it all, I'm truly a good person...as are most people...with a few exceptions.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This sound interesting.... how was your first developing experience?

Quote Originally Posted by inkedmagazine
    Allow me to introduce myself. I realize that I've been here a good 8 months and I still haven't told anyone who the man behind the magazine is. I know I've drawn a lot of criticism for some of my actions here and I apologize for that. Even though I am a "member" of the forum, I don't really feel like I'm yet a member of the community...no one's fault but my own.

I personally find digital photography as a lazy man's way out. Sure for family gatherings and memorable stuff I have a digital camera, you can't beat taking 250 photos, uploading them to your hard drive without any printing or scanning and being able to send them to your family thousands of miles away 5 minutes after the picture was taken. But I'm interested in, as a hobby, being an artistic photographer...and that requires film, chemicals, paper...a dark room. One of the greatest things is that I feel my interest in black and white photography comes at a time very much like San Francisco 1839...about 10 years before the gold rush. I'd like to believe from the studying I've done of the art, that within 10 years, black and white photography will be everywhere...and the creators of this art will only benefit from the black and white revolution!
    Please allow me to introduce myself
    I’m a man of wealth and taste
    I’ve been around for a long, long year
    Stole many a man’s soul and faith
    And I was ’round when jesus christ
    Had his moment of doubt and pain
    Made damn sure that pilate
    Washed his hands and sealed his fate
    Pleased to meet you
    Hope you guess my name
    But what’s puzzling you
    Is the nature of my game
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    This sound interesting.... how was your first developing experience?
    It hasn't happened, yet. Probably won't happen until I return from Photo San Francisco.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You mistake having a big head with being confident of myself and my capabilities. You'll forgive me if I don't sound like a humble man...I've experienced more in 26 years than people have in their lifetimes. I've been so far down to places most people don't even want to think about in their wildist nightmares and come back even stronger. I know a lot of people who would go through what I did and just give up. I didn't. I've earned the right to be where I am in life right now.

No, somebody who is confident in oneself and distinctive does not need to be superlative about it. Problem is: you're not that exceptional.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you and goodbye.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    No, somebody who is confident in oneself and distinctive does not need to be superlative about it. Problem is: you're not that exceptional.
    Oh. Wow. I'm hurt. No really, I am. Wait, no, hold on a second...yes, here umm..ouch. Yeah. Ouch.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A true NewYorker I'd say

You mistake having a big head with being confident of myself and my capabilities. You'll forgive me if I don't sound like a humble man...I've experienced more in 26 years than people have in their lifetimes. I've been so far down to places most people don't even want to think about in their wildist nightmares and come back even stronger. I know a lot of people who would go through what I did and just give up. I didn't. I've earned the right to be where I am in life right now.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    A true NewYorker I'd say
    And damn proud of it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin