Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,484   Posts: 1,644,653   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebeast
    ...that I introduce myself.

I knew I was special and destined for greatness from the moment of my conception, over forty years ago. ... - did I mention my law degree?)
    And I am so priveledged to know that NobleBeast here throws a leg over the VERY SAME bicycle frame I used to ride. It kind of gives me a star-struck feeling all over again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ROFLMFAO!

Brill!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwinnParamount
    And I am so priveledged to know that NobleBeast here throws a leg over the VERY SAME bicycle frame I used to ride. It kind of gives me a star-struck feeling all over again.
    Oh! Remind me to tell you about the time I invented the bicycle. The story kept Lance Armstrong enthralled the entire time I was teaching him how to win stage races (of course the real secret to his success is merely the knowledge that I believe in him, such is the power of MY positive thinking).
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was there when God created Man. As he was working on the spine I said, "Not a good design. You know eventually that thing's going to want to stand on two legs and walk." He laughed out loud, then went on to add wisdom teeth. God, he was a mean drunk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dear No Bull Beast,

Welcome! Man, have I been waiting for you to show up! I've been getting heavy fb+f with Rodinal 1:100 stand development and APX 400, and my tap water has so much calcium in it that it leaves deposits on my film. Since you must know everything about this problem, please give me the correct amount of sodium ascorbate and borax to add to bring down the fb+f and times, temps, and dilutions for gammas of .50, .55, .60, and .65.

Although you didn't mention it, you have extensive and exhaustive knowledge of darkroom work, right? Turns out the last guy full of promises hadn't even processed a roll yet. I've only been using high dilution Rodinal + additives myself for 30 years (starting with info provided by someone who'd been doing it for 30 years before I started), so I'm sure you know better than I what to do.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I likes th' purty pichurs.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lee L, the answer is simple: move somewhere with less calcium in the water! Why should I waste my intellectual faculties on such mundane queries. Yet I do, for such is my largesse and my good heart. Rodinal! I rue the day I ever came up with that chemical formula!
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by noblebeast
    Lee L, the answer is simple: move somewhere with less calcium in the water! Why should I waste my intellectual faculties on such mundane queries. Yet I do, for such is my largesse and my good heart. Rodinal! I rue the day I ever came up with that chemical formula!
    Geez! Why didn't I think of that? It's so simple and elegant. I should have taken advantage of your wisdom 16 years ago, before I moved. But I was young (35) and so unbelievably full of myself that I probably wouldn't have listened to your sage advice.

Lee

"... but I was so much older then. I'm younger than that now."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah HA! I knew it! True GENIUS!!!

For those who haven't read "Surf Zombies and Other Horrors", you can never fully appreciate the intellect of our own Noble Beast!

Hint: get the book...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...and to think, you were here for over 200 posts and we did not recognize your greatness.

Please forgive us, Oh Noble One. We have committed sins against thee in our ignorance!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin