Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,958   Online: 1045

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Northern Va...

Hello everyone.

I found this forum just the other day. I can't believe I've missed it for the past three years. Anyway, I never got into digital and have been growing more frustrated at photo forums and magazines that only discuss digital concepts.

Anyway, I'm mainly interested in nature and street photography. I primarily use a Nikon N8 and Olympus OM-1 (at Camtech getting an overhaul). Yesterday, I won an auction for a Canonet GIII 1.7. I've wanted one for the past two years. We'll see how that goes.

I shoot mainly Fuji Superia Reala in the Nikon and Kodak's C41 B&W film in the Olympus (it's a good match and produces nice images). I want to get back into traditional B&W, but I'm not sure where to start since it's been so long. If the Canonet turns out to be a winner, maybe I'll use it for my B&W camera.

Looking forward to learning...

Chris
    Last edited by mtnbkr; 07-14-2005 at 03:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Chris.

You are sure to find all information you could need to get back into bw here. And if you don't there are more than enough knowledgeable people willing to help.

Ps. You'll love the QL17 GIII, recently won one myself, it's a brilliant camera. I also use an OM-1, another excellent camera.

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Welcome welcome! Got an older Specialized stump jumper...and a lot of old camera stuff......you will enjoy it here.
    Dave in Vegas

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wooten
    Welcome welcome! Got an older Specialized stump jumper...and a lot of old camera stuff......you will enjoy it here.
    Dave in Vegas
    Welcome! Bianchi man here but I try not to be snobbish.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys.

The name "mtnbkr" is a bit of a misnomer. I haven't done any serious biking in several years. I mainly tow my 2yo daughter around in a Burley Solo these days. I keep the name because I'm mtnbkr pretty much everywhere online (except photo.net and one knife collecting site). FWIW, I have a Klein.

Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome from the swamps of Md's easterm shore!
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin