Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,076   Online: 934

Thread: Hello All...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hello All...

I feel it is probably time I introduce myself since I've spent hours upon hours on this website reading post after post. I have less experience in photography than probably 98% of the members here so most of my activity here for a while will be reading and learning. I'm a very inquisitive person by nature and I must say its amazing how many of my questions have been answered here.

My equipment list is very modest. I only have two cameras and a few lenses. For black and white, I have an old Mamiya 645 1000s with 55mm and 80mm lenses. My film of choice is Fuji Neopan ACROS 100, but I also like Fuji Neopan 400, Kodak TriX 400 and Ilford Delta 100. I don't have my own darkroom, however I am a member of a local community college photo club and I have access to their darkroom. I usually spend my Saturday mornings and afternoons there.

When I shoot color, I shoot slides exclusively. Wildlife and nature makes up most of my color photography. I use a Canon EOS 3 and have several lenses; Canon 400 5.6, Sigma 180 Macro, Canon 28-80 and 70-300 zooms. My slide film of choice is Fuji Sensia 100, mainly because I feel it gives the most bang for the buck, but I also really like Fuji Velvia 50, Kodak E100GX.

I also bought a digital camera about a year and a half ago, but I quickly realized that digital is not for me. I gave it to my girlfriend 2 months later.

As far as me personally, I live in central Virginia and work as a network administrator for a university. I do quite a bit of hiking, mostly in Shenandoah Ntl Park but really anywhere in the mountains is ok with me. I'm fortunate that my two favorite hobbies work very well together.

I hope that as I gain more knowledge I'll be able to contribute something here. As for right now, I'll just work on getting some prints together to upload.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    welcome to APUG.

I enjoyed my stay here, also learned a lot of stuff I will probably never learn somewhere else. Hope can see your print soon.

Good light!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Travis. It sounds like you are well on your way. I am certain that you are more advanced than you let on. Don't let the talk here scare you, most of us are photographers for the love of it and are learning our way. I hope you find the environment here helpful in your photographic growth.

Paul.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Travis. The best thing to do here, is just ask questions, you will learn a lot and you will meet a lot of people that are quite influential in the photography world.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Travis, welcome.

This is a wonderful site and the knowledge available and freely offered by so many is truly astounding. I am sure you will enjoy it here, I have. In one year I have learned more from people here than in 30 odd years as a hobbyist.

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Travis. A great place to waste... OOOPS!... spend many hours reading about photography.
    Don't be shy, ask questions and you receive great info in a matter of minutes from some very knowledgable people.
    Enjoy your time here.

gene
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome. You live in a great spot... I have found Shenandoah a really nice place (except all the east-side hikes end uphill ) Really amazing what happens when 7000 people get together and trade ideas, enjoy your time here.

-Brad

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks to everyone for your kind welcomes.

Yes Brad, Shenandoah is a great spot. I am headed there tomorrow to take a friend hiking, although I'm not sure what hike just yet. There are so many places in SNP and the Shenandoah Valley that I find I'm not able to get to everywhere I want.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin