Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,421   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome Ian from a cold and wet Shropshire.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian,

Welcome! How close are you to Arundel, West Sussex? Twds the end of Aug there is an Arundel Festival and as part of that the 'Gallery Trail'. I willl try to exhibit this year again (probs with jobs so dont know if I will be there in person) and a guy call Bill Philip will be there, along with a few other photographers. He does mainly mono traditional landscapes, still life etc. Its a great day wandering about various venues having a look at the photography, painting, sculpture etc. If you want more info, PM me!

Tom

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Ian for letting us know you are out there. Us Brits are a little thin on the ground but we try and make up for it with some form of quality.
    'Rarity in a desired commodity enhances the value....' WC. Stan.
    'Determine on some course more than a wild exposure to each chance' The Bard.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Ian

A timely Hello as I am back off to Cornwall on Sat for a couple of weeks, but this time further West than when we met in March.

Good to hear that you are trying new things, like the SFX as well as printing. Please put the scanner to occasional use, so that you can post here and update your website.

Regards

Bax

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkroomstudios
    Welcome... beware if many here have their way, you will move on to 7x17 and slow down to continental drift speed.
    Going to a larger negative really would test the patience of my long suffering wife, so I think 5x4 is quite enough for the moment. (Although I have just bought a half plate Thornton Pickard which I hope to make use of soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    (snip) I'm still trying to figure out, after 2 years, how to expose a 4x5 sheet of film without making one of the 294 different mistakes available to me...
    Hi Bob. Unfortunately I too suffer from this It usually happens when I'm in a hurry for some reason. Most often I pull the darkslide on an open lens or double expose because I've used the wrong film holder. Each time I do this I try to improve my process to reduce the chance of me doing it again. Of course, sometimes this just introduces more opportunities for different errors

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford
    Please put the scanner to occasional use, so that you can post here and update your website.
    Hi Baxter. You're right, my website does needs a bit of an update. There are bits which are starting to get downright embarrassing...

BTW, I saw your work in this month's Outdoor Photography. Congratulations!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hi Ian

I wasn't having a dig, just keen to see what you've been doing, apart from shopping for a new Ebony that is!

Really love the detail from the carriage with leather metal and wood. A true DW/JC B***ard shot!!

Website updating is something which I don't relish either. Plus I really want to redo the whole lot which is not getting any closer to happening.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Ian, welcome to Apug from the far north department.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome from hurricane alley, South Florida.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Bradford
    (snip) I wasn't having a dig, just keen to see what you've been doing, apart from shopping for a new Ebony that is!
    Hi Baxter - no offence taken

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, it's a wee bit late, but welcome to APUG, Ian!

This is a great place! I've pretty much learned everything I know from this place & the great people here!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin