Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,459   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Yet another new person.

My name is Stephanie and I'm a film camera junkie.

My love affair with photography started with film at a decently young age. My uncle gave my sister a camera and, since she wasn't as interested in it as I was, I pretty much swiped it and claimed it as my own. A cheap point-and-shoot 35mm camera that I still have to this day took some of the first photos that I can actually say are worth anything. I used that one for years until I got really interested in getting more stuff and went digital...three times. I couldn't find a camera that suited my taste: I love shooting low-light as well as available light photos and point and shoot digitals just aren't good for that. I threw in the towel with digital because I couldn't afford what I really needed to take the photos I want and went with a manual film SLR. I fell in love.

I now have 11 cameras including the old point and shoot, 6 of them in various states of being usable. I am getting up a good collection and I plan to get some more to add to it. I love the feel of older cameras because I hate the feel of plastic ones. My favorites that I have so far are my Canonet 28, Voigtlander Vito CLR, my Nikon, a Canon Demi, as soon as I get it so that it actually works past 1/500th of a second, a Yashica MG-1. I'm slowly fixing up a Meopta Flexaret, an Olympus Pen EE, an Argus C4, and Argus C3, A Bosley B2, and a Bilora Bella. I'll be working on adding a Leica M3 and Summicron to that kit as well as an Olympus XA, Yashica Lynx 14E, and a Canonet GIII QL17.

When I'm not taking photographs or working on the cameras I do a lot of reading, writing, and walking. I generally take a camera with me wherever I go. I also like to do web design, digital art, and collage. I also love to cook and wouldn't mind owning a restaurant someday. I plan to go to a culinary school.

So hi.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, Stephanie - welcome.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to Apug. A place where you and your ecclectic camera collection can grow and have fun. If you change "wouldn't mind" to "will someday" it will be the 1st step to doing it.
    Happy shooting,
    Brad
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    I also love to cook and wouldn't mind owning a restaurant someday. I plan to go to a culinary school.So hi.
    Man, do all photographers love to cook and eat?? Is everyone round like me? Just kidding. I have 3 photog friends and we all have put culinary arts as are backup profession...

Welcome Steph. Nice to know there are more enthusiasts in the Midwest.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi stephanie
    you've come to the right place.

enjoy!
    -john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Speaking of the midwest...anyone know where to get Diafine in Iowa? :P

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry, but, what is it?? My instructor/now friend grew up in Iowa and attended university there.. I could probably find out....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    I also love to cook and wouldn't mind owning a restaurant someday. I plan to go to a culinary school.

So hi.
    Fill it to the rim..with Brim!
    I went to Culinary school and I teach at a culinary school in what appears to be my time off (do I actually have any?). I'm also a personal chef. Let me know if you have any questions about school or the business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Haha, high school chant. "Fill it to the rim with Brim!" They used to say that when I walked by and there's a story behind it.

I'm not a big girl really, but I do have some curves. Most of the guys in high school stared when I walked by because of this.

Eric, I'm going to be going to a school in Iowa for at least a little while due to budget constraints and lack of savings and then I'll be moving to Minnesota to attend school there. Being a personal chef is actually what I'd like to do. I'm generally all for healthy food, organically grown produce, and lots of spices that aren't salt. I also make up recipes. I also just love food in general.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    Sorry, but, what is it?? My instructor/now friend grew up in Iowa and attended university there.. I could probably find out....
    Diafine is a two-bath developer that gives a decent push to your film with no visible grain increase and it's also very hard to screw up. I'm just learning and most of the people I generally get along with at RFF like it a lot for use with Tri-X and HP5, two of the films that I prefer using.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin