Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,551   Posts: 1,544,903   Online: 918

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Hello from Germany

Hi to all,
    after having registered already some months ago I was just lurking a bit to see what's going on here and today I decided to subscribe.
    I am A German amateur living near Heidelberg , shooting 35mm RF (CV stuff) and SLR (Nikon) and sometimes I blow the dust of my Yashicamat 124G and shoot some 6X6 too if I think it makes sense. A little Ricoh R35I have with me all the time, as a photographical notbook so to say.
    I shoot film only, there is no digital cam in the house excepted my phonecam:-) and there is a bunch of reasons why this won't change very soon.
    I shoot Superia 200, 800 and 1600, Kodak 100 Elitechrome slide, Kodak C41 B&W, Tri-X and Neopan 1600. And this is the main reason why I came here, I am a bit tired of those folks who never get tired to praise the advantages of their digital cameras tho nobody asked them to do it and tho they are not knowing a... from elbow technically, neither analog nor digital.
    Even at places where the vast majority works analog (RFF) this seems to be an unavoidable outrage always ending sadly . When I read that almost 70% of the members hee vote for banning such discussions I thought I should find out what kinda gals and guys meet here :-) I am simply not interested in these discussions and I am also not interested in watching poorly converted digital colour shots, no matter if this converting software is the absolutely latest thing again.
    And I am tired of reading again and again and again weak minded statements why film is really dead from now on.

This is my third serious approach to photography, which started in 2001 and seems to work more successfully than what I did in my early 20s and mid thirties.
    There are two other reasons why I decided to subscribe.
    First: I found a bunch of very well done photographs in the galleries, more top work than I have seen at most of the other galleries where I post my pics ( mainly RFF, and a bit still at usefilm and pgallery but 'll give up the latter now) and photographs are generally the only thing I am interested in. If something could seduce me to think about new gear then it would be the photos of fellow members, but not test results from any self taught amateur testers who have no clue what a test is at all.

Second: After a long time of suffering from bad silver B&W developments in mass labs I now decided to try to do my silver based dev again at home and at this point I think it could be helpful for me to have some experienced folks around me which are willing to waste their time with some tips and tricks for a dev newbie.
    I actually did it whith FP4 and HP4 in the 70s, but it's all forgotten.

Best regards,
    Bertram
    A la recherche du temps perdu: www. bersac.de

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, Bertram!

This is a great place to find answers to pretty much all questions analog!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hi Bertram! Or maybe I should say, Abend!

Anyway, feel free to ask questions here, there are lots of people who are willing to answer them.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey! Welcome aboard, Bertram. I visited Germany for the first time last year and had only a few cameras with me (old Rolleiflex, even older Kodak.) After spending a little time in the countryside I wished for wide angles and large format. I'll be back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hallo Bertram, viel Spass hier!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Willkommen in APUG, Bertram!

I was planning to go to "near Heidelberg" this summer, but had to go to work instead. My wife got to go to the Obergrombach Musikfest alone
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Bertram,
    welcome from Germany ;-))
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome. Keep that 124G in good working order !
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Herzlich willkommen bei APUG Bertram.
    I'm so glad you could join us.
    Kind regards from West Australia,
    Nicole

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Bertram, you are among friends!

Andy.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin