Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,928   Posts: 1,556,830   Online: 853

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Digital Negs

Hello from the UK

I am 58 years young, I started in photography at the age of 10 with a Kodak Brownie 127 and soon graduated to processing monochrome film and making contact prints.

When I left school I gained employment in a camera shop that had a studio attached. I found I preferred working in the darkroom and so made this my career and went on to process and print colour C41, R14 and E6. - I was made redundant and decided after failing to get any decent employment, to study a degree course in Photography and Electronic Imaging Sciences - BSc. Hons. After finishing the degree I went on and gained a PG Dip in Interactive Multimedia.

Unfortunately I since have had some medical problems and am unemployed at present. I have decided to renew my acquaintance with alternative processes. When a teenager I used to help the local professional print dye transfer exhibition prints - these were amongst the best colour prints I have ever seen. I was very disappointed when I found that this process has been discontinued.

I now use digital and hope to try some alt processes using digital negatives. Although I have recently been given a Quarter plate Soho Reflex that needs some attention and I may use this for some monochrome photography.

nn

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG. I hope you will find it a great place to be

Morten from Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello there!
    I hope you find inspiration here, loads of things to look at, and load of people to talk to!
    There is a strong party from the UK here, too...

Best wishes

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A warm welcome from Middle England.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Welcome from Shropshire

Cheers

Mike

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome from Hawaii.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Digital Negs
    Well someone has enquired about my Soho Reflex 7 years after posting this. So I thought I would post an update on my photographic circumstances.

I have now retired and joined a Camera Club. I am now 'into' Large format photography and my camera collection has increased slightly. I stil have a digital camera that I use for snaps. Large format includes a Soho reflex (not working) I have a 5 x 4 Wista Field camera, a 5 x 4 Gandolfi traditional (aka Precision) a 5 x 4 Toyo field rather worn. (I will get around to using it one day!). And a Horseman 5 x 4 monorail just obtained. However pride and joy at the moment is an early Deardorf V8 10 x 8 I like using the Deardorf and I like the increased size of the 10 x 8 format. I process using a Jobo cpp 4111 that I obtained as a freebie and have restored (just a clean up really), or a Paterson Orbital. I have a Devere 504 enlarger that I will use as soon as I can clear a space in my flat for a darkroom. At present I am scanning my negatives and producing injet prints and have won a few competitions at the camera club.

That's all I can think of now, sorry to resurrect a very old thread...

nn

John Wills
    www.londontramways.net
    www.southernrailway.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Home John !

Ron

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome back John.

I'm the culprit who asked about John's Marion Soho Reflex

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to hear from you again John... welcome back!!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin