Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,659   Posts: 1,481,456   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was about to mention darkroom studios as well and then I read the whole thread. As the manager of a community darkroom and photo school, I am amazed at the number of folks out there who don't know about the resources out there.

Hmmm, I think I am seeing an opportunity!

Welcome to APUG, you will find a wealth of information here and a lot of really great folks.

Paul.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, thanks everyone for the great welcome! It's been a long time since I've been around the photography hobby, I forgot how nice everyone is! Glad to be back!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Scott, welcome to APUG. Good luck on the darkroom setup journey.

I don't live in NJ, but I will be there next week for a week... Hope the weather is good

Glenn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I was about to mention darkroom studios as well and then I read the whole thread. As the manager of a community darkroom and photo school, I am amazed at the number of folks out there who don't know about the resources out there.
    I actually live a bit of a distance (by NJ standards, 83 miles) from The Darkroom Studios and learned of Brad's operation from my friend Jon Cohen who reps photo lines. At the time, there was at least 3 photo shops in my area that carried a pretty good line of film, paper, and chemicals, so I never got around to making the road trip. I did Jon a favor a while back and picked him up at the Philly airport and he suggested we stop in at Brad's.

Damn, I'm glad we did! Not only does Brad have an outstanding facility, he also keeps a damn good stock of supplies in his store. As fate would have it, my more local sources of darkroom supplies have recently all bellied up, so now the drive to Merchantville doesn't look to be as long as it used to!

I should also mention... Not only is Brad a great guy, he's also a class A nut-job!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oh boy... I should have come in here sooner. Oi. Pot calling kettle black eh Mr Fowler?

Anyway, welcome to Apug from Brad (no shameless plug needed, they all did it for me!). This certainly is a great resource for new, old and new-from-old photo folks anywhere. Sounds like maybe we need to organize a Philly/Camden adventure - can't them North Joisey Shore Boys have all the fun around here
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarkroomstudios
    Oh boy... I should have come in here sooner. Oi. Pot calling kettle black eh Mr Fowler?
    hehehehehe

That would be me alright...

hehehe
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Large Format
    From North Jersey; Hey, how ya do'in. Sometimes the NY/NJ Apug'ers get together. Maybe soon. Follow the NY regional thread.

R/D

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You guys can count me in from SJ as well as I am from Marlton. Luckily I am only about 15 mins from the Dark Room Studios and just finished an awesome darkroom class with Brad. In the next few weeks I should be making my first "real" MF exposures so it's all very exciting. Oh, and I can vouch for the fact that Brad is a nut.

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Hi, welcome. I'm from Phila. Sorry to say I never met Brad. But I do shoot with a Yashica D and a Bronica SQa. And some pinholes on the side. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
    Anne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond, Va. I grew up in Toms River, NJ. I also use roll film. Rolleiflex and Mamiya RB 67.

Jeff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin