Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,206   Online: 1176

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Hello from Southern New Jersey

Hello all,
    Name is Scott, new member from New Jersey right across the Delaware river from Philadelphia. I'm 44, married with one boy, aged 13. Been interested in photography since high school when a relative gave me his complete darkroom setup. Messed around with black and white taking pictures with a Pentax K-1000. Joined the Air Force and while in there took a course with the New York Institute of Photography. After the Air Force I got a job as a freelance photojournalist doing mostly high school sports and occasional public interest stories.
    Got out of the business and hobby for quite a while until now. Getting my feet wet now with medium format. I have a Bronica SQ-Ai system and a old Yashica 124-G TLR. Don't have room yet for a darkroom but I'll soon be moving and it won't be long then.
    Looking forward to being a part of this forum and APUG! Would love to hear from other enthusiasts from the phila, South new jersey area!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome Scott from the other side of the country, Hawaii. Don't worry there are several people here from your area of the country.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from North Jersey, but I spend most of my weekends skydiving in Williamstown. Don't have a darkroom yet??? just head over to The darkroom studios in merchantville. great place, and I am sure Brad will chime in soon on this thread.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You know? Funny you should mention The Darkroom Studios. I had just found them yesterday through a link here. Didn't even know they existed. You can bet your bippy I'm gonna check them out!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wbryant
    Welcome from North Jersey, but I spend most of my weekends skydiving in Williamstown. Don't have a darkroom yet??? just head over to The darkroom studios in merchantville. great place, and I am sure Brad will chime in soon on this thread.
    If Brad won't chime in, I certainly will....

By all means, get thyself to Merchantville! Brad has a great setup over there!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome aboard Scott, from the other side of the Atlantic, I too am a roll film enthusiast, I hope you enjoy Apug as much as I do.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Scott,

Welcome, there are a number of us from the South Jersey area and a few from Philadelphia.
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Welcome!

Scott,

I now live in Massachusetts but basically grew up in Pennsauken. (Finally
    left there to go to college about...um...38 years ago. Geez, saying 38 there actually physically hurt....:-(...)

APUG is a good community. Have already met a few APUGers here in the North East, and they were very interesting people....

Beside large format I shoot an old Pentax 6x7 (ever see a small dog jump when that shutter goes off?) and did a lot of 6x9 with a roll film adaptor on a 4x5.....

Good light to you....

Cheers, Bill
    "I bought a new camera. It's so advanced you don't even need it." - Steven Wright

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Scott: Nice to see you here. Be sure and keep us posted on your darkroom setting up adventures.

Barry Young
    Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Shooter
    35mm
    Scott,

Hello from Lumberton (next to Mount Holly). Probably pretty close to you, as I can be in Philly 1/2 hour after I leave the house..

Jonathan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin