Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,564   Online: 877

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

<a href=http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member.tcl?user_id=332942> Someone</a> on the photo.net said that APUG is cool. He was right. I am an embedded software designer, also interested in photography and web-design. Unlike other members I am a new to photography, taking pictures since the spring of 2001. Of course I was taking pictures before that, but I wouldn&#39;t call that photography.

cheers
    balint

Hi from LightImages in Nova Scotia, Canada. This looks like a great site. Haven&#39;t had much time to browse a lot of posts yet but the site is a great idea and many thanks to those responsible for it. Have a look a my site. It hasn&#39;t been updated in a long while but at least there&#39;s some work there.

http://www.lightimages.org

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grew up in Arkansas, where a friend gave me an old 620 rollfilm camera to play with and its been downhill from there&#33;
    I learned to do black & white on my own and later got a job at the local paper doing darkroom work in the evenings, eventually getting on the production staff first on the process camera then onto the press....not good for a career photographer but it paid better then. Now my job lies in doing finish work at a printshop bindery but I still burn quite a bit of film in my play time.
    I finally have a dream darkroom down in the basement with an autopsy table salvaged from a hospital converted to a darkroom sink, a Beseler enlarger, drymount press, a very nice mat cutter and room to store everything.
    I&#39;ve still never had any formal training in photography, but since I&#39;m a voracious reader of anything to do with my interests theres not much I haven&#39;t looked into to see what it&#39;s about.
    I share my interest in photography with my girlfriend Dale, who I live with and we like to take forays into the mountains, beaches and where ever to burn film and play. Our favorite cameras are our Bronica SQA and SQAis. I also have a 4x5 monorail to play with and a handful of Canon EOS equipment for traveling light.
    We used to go to camera clubs for the competition for a while and I have a drawer full of ribbons, no idea what each was for, and lately won 2nd place (they called it First Prize) in the Georgia Outdoors Nature Photography Contest. http://www.gpb.org/gptv/georgiaoutdoors/ph...est02/page3.php
    That&#39;s so you can have a look.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I&#39;ve been involved in photography since I was 8 or 9. My parents had a darkroom, so it was natural to spend time there. Developed roll film with the old &#39;apron&#39; tanks. (My first role successfully put the 620 backing paper in the apron and left the film on the floor&#33 As someone said earlier, it was downhill from there.

At various times I did photo jobs for compensation, worked for awhile as an in-house photo technician for a cosmetics company, did some weddings and portraits as a side line. I finally stabilized on a non-photo job for 30 years. Recently retired and plan to spend more time shooting and in the dark. Took two workshop classes, the rest was self taught. Most recent class was a workshop with Cole Weston - a fabulous experience to meet him, hear him talk about his father, and see many original Weston prints up close ouside of a museum.

I use a range of equipment, 35mm (old Nikons), 6x6 - an old Hasselblad 500c set up with 4 lenses, a 4x5 Calumet (cc402) with 4 lenses, and built a Bender Kit 8x10 which has a venerable 12/19/25 Turner Reich (restored by S.K. Grimes). My B&W darkroom can handle up to 4x5 for enlarging. The 8x10 is for contact prints only. I do color snaps in 35, but medium and large format is for black and white prints (fiber base paper, archival processed and often lightly selenium toned).

I currently live in California...and though I plan a move soon, I&#39;m planning to move to the coast where I can photograph all the rocks, surf, twisted trees and all to my hearts content.

Images
    PhotoPhred, where in California do you live? I&#39;m in the SF bay area, but have been spending a ton of time working on an ongoing project on the coast.

Brian
    hi!

My brother is an audiophil. I was always laughing behind a polite smile whenever he was playing with his latest laudspeakers connected to his huge and heavy tube amplifiers. Than I discovered photography.

This happened around the Millenium and since than I took few thousand photos trying to improve my technique. I would not call myself a serious amateur, but I would like to be one.

I am writing software for a living, and as such I tried to contribute to the Free Software Foundation by designing photography related software: http://balint.k-i-s.net/en/sw

My latest work targets photo accounting and it is based upon the very same technology as this website.

Well, that&#39;s all folks.

See ldh for latest...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I&#39;m an amateur and started way back in the 50&#39;s with a brand new (back then) Brownie. Since then I owned, sold, and re-bought several 35mm cameras starting with a Yashica Minister D rangefinder, ending up with a Canon AE-1 and FTb which I still use. In the 70s when I was in the Army, I used their hobby area&#39;s darkroom to learn more about black and white, and branched out into medium format with a Yashica 124G TLR (should have never sold it). Comparing my own prints to what I was getting back from a lab really opened my eyes (mine were better even as a beginner). While there, I picked up extra mad money shooting portraits for the folks to send to their families. Now I generally use a Yashica 12 TLR for medium format, or one of 3 folders when I need a change of pace. It was not until I moved to Van Nuys California that I finally moved up to large format and now I have 3 view cameras. A Calumet C400 for 4x5, an Eastman 2D for 5x7, and a Seneca Improved for 8x10. All my large format stuff is black and white contact printing, which I enjoy doing myself, with the occasional cyanotype just for fun. All my color pictures right now are done in either 35mm or medium format and go out to a lab for processing. Every few years, I round up the best photos and enter them in the San Fernando Valley Fair just for yucks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hello, all&#33;

A Norwegian here - living in Bergen, Norway. If you work out the time zones, you will find out that I wrote this in the middle of the night. That&#39;s because I&#39;m working at financing my hobby doing night shift in the oil industry.

I&#39;ve been using film now with varying degrees of success for 30 years or so, and don&#39;t intend to stop anytime soon. At present I use mostly 4x5, occasionally 645 or 5x7 (for great contact prints), and very rarely 35mm. about 80% is B & W, even if my darkroom has been out of commission for the past 2 years&#33; As soon as I get home from this job (next week), I will continue with building my new darkroom.

In the meantime I shoot and develop; then do a quick scan to see what the results are like.

I really miss my darkroom
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin