Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,247   Online: 1046

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello Aggie,

About those photo tours....don't forget that one analogue photographer equals 40 pensioners!
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

I must admit that the resumes here are a bit intimidating. It is nice to come into a forum where I definitely have the opportunity to learn.

I am a hobbiest. I work as an Aerospace Engineer for the US Navy and have been taking pictures since I was a kid. I got my first SLR when I was 12 and have slowly upgraded the equipment. I currently own 4 camera bodies and a variety of lenses.

When I was young and had access to the equipment, I shot a lot of B&W but graduated to color as I grew older. I am only now returning to the B&W world to a degree (I am keeping one of the bodies loaded with B&W). Because of my profession, I have a great interest in macro photography and how to capture specific details. I have been fortunate enough to take some classes in Technical Photography and how to document aircraft crash scenes.

I'm looking forward to reading and learning in this forum.

I am pretty new at all of this. in 2001 my wife and I decided we need something we could do together. So we built a dark room and starts taking classes. Now we have 2 enlargers, 4 MF cameras and 6 35mm bodies. I will admit that i am more interested in the technical acpect of creating a good image than in lots of artsy things, but I love it. We also started an online photo album that I keep maintained. it is http://www.snowshadows.com We have roughly 5k pictures from the last 2 years there. Most are junk, but you can't help but have a gem or 2 in that many.

Hello all, another obsessed amateur here. My interest in photography started a few years ago. I bought a digital camera and I've been sold on film ever since. Not too much else to tell, I'm still learning but having a lot of fun right now learning how to print. If anyone is interested, you can see some of mine at http://homepage.mac.com/harrystone/

Hi all, great forum and Thanks Ed Buffaloe for the link! I live in Berkeley Ca and have shot 35mm since taking up this hobby when I was 15. I've had 4 dourse of B&W at Lansing Mich Comm College in the 70's, and have done B&W work in my self made darkrooms off and on between going to medical school to become a psychiatrist. I have a Canon A2E and some non L lenses, but recently got a Contax T3...and never realized till now how much difference a good lens makes! Wow, is this sharp! Anyway, moved from Houston 2yrs ago from a 3k sq/ft house to 950 sq./ft! Just this last week did I start trying to get my darkroom setup in an outdoor 8x10 shed w. now water or elec (running ext. cord and a bucket for drain&#33. But I'll get it! lol

I just bought also last week a dichroic D5xl (a big move from my B22&#33 as I want to move upto a 4x5 Field camera and make some 16x20 or 20x24 prints and that's a bit much for 35mm. So, as money becomes available, I will get a camera, prob. a 150-200mm lens and go from there. I also just ordered a RH Designs Analyser Pro to begin using fsstop printing.

I'm spending my 10th yr anniversary in Amsterdam and Paris in April. I'd like to have my lf equipment by then, but we'll have to see how the money goes lol But I'm real excited about this trip and would love to have some lf negs to print up; if not, I'll be using my Contax most of the time I'd imagine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks Aggie for the welcome!! And Thanks for the heads up on that program, that's a very good deal! IN fact, I already signed up for ASUC photo course on UC/Berkeley's campus: Advanced Photo Printing Techniques by John Ferdico. It's only a 2 saturday course but looks interesting.

I actually am real close to finishing my darkroom, a couple of more panels of block out cloth and it's good to go.

It might be fun Aggie, if ya haven't already, to get together with the bay area members either to show work, or even have darkroom work session to see others' techniques. I used to go to a club in Houston and it was great exc. for the fact I always left depressed after thinking I did a great print, only to be humbled by the works of others! You'll learn real fast that you're not that hot after all!! lol

Anyway, Thanks again for the Welcome!

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was schooled in painting and sculpture and went on to start my own design business at the beginning of the DTP era (1984) subsequently moved to the Internet and became a web designer, process engineer, programmer and unemployed. All the while I took pictures. I presently make my living doing IT and digital imaging consulting and production.

I had a teacher once tell me that art was like running a marathon but with photography you get to skip the first 26 miles. I shoot urban scenes mostly although I do shoot portraiture, macro flowers and some conceptual stuff.

I shoot 4x5 (sinar), 6x9 (roll back), and 6x6 (mamiya 6), print and crossprocessed E6. Examples of my work can be found online at http://www.mrcallow.com Be aware when visiting my wesite it works with IE 5.0 or higher (please don't bitch at me I would love for it to work in Netscape, but netscape needs to work out some issues first).

I live in Ferndale Michigan with my wife who is a brit.

Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrcallow @ Feb 2 2003, 03:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> I had a teacher once tell me that art was like running a marathon but with photography you get to skip the first 26 miles.

</td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Gee, I hope that he wasn&#39;t an art teacher. He obviously wasn&#39;t a Photographer.

Welcome.
    For some reason I haven&#39;t been able to get to your web site from your links.

-Neal
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

I did, and Mr. Callow, excellent work&#33; I enjoyed looking thru your images&#33;

Chris

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin