Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,078   Online: 821

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Flotsam @ Feb 3 2003, 05:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    For some reason I haven&#39;t been able to get to your web site from your links.
    </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    My apologies. You will get a JavaScript error in Netscape and earlier versions of IE (you must use ie v5 or higher) are not js 1.2/2 and css 2 compliant. The netscape issue is the most irritating, because they&#39;ve worked hard to become compliant with w3 but still have critical issues. Apple has a new browser and then there is also opera, but alas I doubt they work either. I&#39;ll make it work in these browsers eventually.

My teacher was my life drawing and painting teacher. Although it was a bit of an overstatement, he was correct. I needed to paint about 3-5 hours a day 5-days a week to maintain the level of my skill and improve. It is very much like being an athlete. I don&#39;t need that kind of physical input with photography. That is not to say that photography is still not demanding.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My purpose is to provide midwestern flavor to this forum. Thus enabling the west coast contingent to engage in all of the creative endeavors for which you are noted. I am a serious amateur/professional living in Wichita, Kansas. Yes, Dorothy did live here at one time...but that was a long, long time ago.

I work exclusively in large format black and white. I shoot 4X5 80% of the time and 8X10 the balance. I enlarge the 4X5 and contact print the 8X10 on Azo. I have owned and operated a business engaged in technical support for most of the past 25 years and have now devoted myself to my own photography. Recently I developed a modification for the Saunders 4550 enlarger which is designed for pin registration allowing very precise sharp masking. An article that I have written is to be published shortly in PhotoVision covering the process.

It is wonderful to have this forum where we can share our passion. Good luck and good light to all of you.

Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Does PhotoVision have a web site? The sent me a copy of the first edition and the dog ate it.

lee&#092;c

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I came about this site thru a search on Ziatype which I have been working in as of late, and which I was researching to find other photographers working in the process and to see their work. I also wanted to read a little about the chemical process which my literature doesn&#39;t cover. While reading I thought I&#39;d sign up and, well here I is.

I won&#39;t go into all the particulars of my experience in photography as it really doesn&#39;t mean much. Currenty I own and shoot a Canon FTbn, Rollei SLR and my latest love a Mamiya RB with a cut film back for zone work. I recently stepped down from 4x5 after selling my Super Graphic and plan to stick with the RB awhile and then add a 5x7 or 8x10 later, but if the money was there I&#39;d be shooting a 11x14. I really wanted rear movements that that the Super didn&#39;t have for my in city architectural work. Since I didn&#39;t have the rear move&#39;s anyways I figured I may as well shoot something which was faster so I don&#39;t have to keep answering annoying police questions like, what are you doing, as if I was some kind of terrorist, and a red headed Irish one, which are the worst of course. Nowdays it seems like it&#39;s getting harder and harder to shoot around town with everyone&#39;s fear of each other.

All in all this looks like a pretty comprehensive place, and I hope that I&#39;ll be able to make some good contacts thru here to talk about and show some Zia&#39;s. If&#39;n your working in the process let me know.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi, my name is Scott and I just joined APUG after hearing about if from Aggie.

I have been shooting film since I was about 4 years old and have always enjoyed being outdoors with my camera. I live in the San Francisco bay area and work as a Graphic Designer/Creative consultant/Problem solver, etc....

I shoot all kinds of equipment, from my Grandpa&#39;s old Kodak No. 1, to a 35mm electronic wonder camera, to 4x5. I just got into 4X5 about 8 months ago and find it very rewarding.
    I mostly shoot medium format, and find myself hardly ever shooting 35mm anymore, even for family snap shots, if I&#39;m not careful, I will be running around at family gatherings with my old speed graphic and some flash bulbs

This looks like a great forum and I look forward to participating in it.
    Best wishes,
    Scott

Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi

I&#39;m from Switzerland and I started to take pictures when I was 9 years old, my first profession was a carpenter, my secound a musician and now I&#39;m a stage manager and photograher.
    I take shoots of weddings and of buildings the last for an arch mag.
    I also take pictures of landscapes and portraits and akt&#33;
    Work with 35mm Nikons, MF , and have 3 4x5 cameras.
    Have also my on lab with thad wonderfull LPL 4551 enlarger and a Nova Quad.
    Have not a homepage yet, but very soon&#33;
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

lee
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Donald,
    Have you ever giving any thought to trying to photograph the Amish near Wichita. I think they are just north on the way to Hutchinson, KS. I used to have a few customers there in Hutch and I nearly killed an Amish family and their buggy and the horse one afternoon with the sun in my eyes. At that time I had no clue the Amish were in that part of the country. There is a good resturant there in Yoder. On Hwy 96. I always wanted to photograph there but have always heard that they don&#39;t like that.

lee/c

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

I came across this site purely by accident. Wow a great find.

Well, I am a Canadian living and working in Chicago. My interest in photography started when I was 12 and I got a Pentax ME for my birthday. I&#39;ve been hooked on it as a hooby ever since. Funny thing is, it never occurred to me to be a professional photographer as a career choice.

Anyway, after an absence of about 5 years, to climb the corporate ladder, a couple of years ago I got back into my hobby as much needed departure from my corporate life. Only now, I can afford to buy all the &#39;fancy&#39; stuff.

Last year, I bought a Hasselblad 503CW (in yellow) and this machine has been my baby ever since. I have a Nikon F4e and D1x as well, but my Hassey is my pet.

The photos I shoot are mostly senic, landscapes, nature and candids. Lately, I have dabbled in more studio portraits, glamour and fashion, as my GF is a model. I have also taken photos for friends and colleagues at weddings and other special occassions - my price was right - free&#33; (except for materials)

So, photography is just another (very) expensive hobby to me. But it is one that really captures my creative side and that alone is priceless to me.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

I used to hang out on the CompuServe photo forums and have prowled photo.net since around '98. I lurked here on apug awhile before joining. Lots of familiar names. Hi, all.

I'm a former photojournalist (20 years ago) and newspaper reporter. Former federal OSHA safety inspector, former health care professional, former lotsa things.

Got into photography at age 8 with a Brownie and was developing and contact printing my own b&w stuff within a year. Since then it's been an on-and-off love affair with photography. On, mostly, other than a brief period of shame during the mid-1970s when all I had was a 110 camera. Now that I have access to a Pentax 110 SLR I wish b&w film for the format was readily available again.

Studied commercial photography via an arts magnet program in high school, the last time I used large format gear. It was a good program but I wish now I'd paid more attention and worked a bit harder at it. Studied journalism in college and pretty much turned my back on fine art photography for many years.

Over the past few years my priorities have change, tho'. Other than photographing live theatre and occasional dabblings in street photography most of my work nowadays is unpopulated. Other than that I can't categorize or easily describe my work, other than being mostly b&w. I use some color, mostly for documentary work of a particular architectural project I'm hoping to eventually see published.

I shoot 35mm and medium format (6x6cm). Don't see that changing anytime soon, tho' my usage of these formats has become a bit more segregated. I'd like to use large format but it simply isn't practical. More likely I'll move to using more medium format.

I spend way too much time on push processing instead of fine tuning my techniques for properly exposed and developed film. Consequently I've become pretty good at push processing. Kinda like being third best at Russian roulette.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to the site Lex! I'm sure you'll find it as full of information and talent as I have. Happy to have you here!
    RL Foley

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin