Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,900   Online: 1017

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I'm Lorie. I'm from Manila. Photography has been more than a hobby to me. I've been interested in it for so many years now. I've taken some photography classes back in college (I majored in fine arts & advertising). After college I took some workshops conducted by the Federation of Philippine Photographers Foundation. Recently though, I haven't got time to pursue photography because of work but I still take pictures from time to time. Sometimes I do pick up the camera and take some product shots due to the nature of my work. I'm a graphic designer/advertising artist. I wish I can take more classes and workshops if I have time. I definitley want to learn more about analog photography. I don't think I'll ever fully make the switch to digital photography. It's just not the same.
    "That which cannot destroy me can only make me grow stronger..."

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome Zerreit, hope you derive some enjoyment from the site.
    Roy Groombridge.

Cogito, ergo sum.
    (Descartes)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome, Lorie. Feel free to contribute ... the more we see and read here, the more we think about our own work. Good to have you here!
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Greetings from the Hawkeye State, home of pork, corn, and Tom Arnold. My name is Steve Young, and I come from the small town of Bondurant, about 15 minutes from Des Moines. My obligatory UK connection is that the man I learned photography from, my late Grampa Lewis, is of Welsh decent. I mostly take pictures of trains, but I will shoot anything I find interesting. My baby is a Nikon N2000 with a 50mm lens, though I just purchased an 80-200 zoom lens to use. Going digital for me means asking Drug Town to scan my pics onto CD. I'm not ready to give up the film anytime soon. The one thing I am starting to look into more is night photography, specifically catching headlight illumination of the surroundings. Any help in that department would be helpful.

I am living in Idaho with more mountains than I can count. As a technical troubleshooter I deal with scanners, cameras printers and computers for HP. After a day of increased technical awareness I simply want some low tech in my life. Snap shooting for the last 30 years I have probably wasted more film than most pros. My cameras include Minolta 35, Rolliflex-T, a russian 4X5 that uses glass plates, and will include a 8 X 10 as soon as I build it!!

I hope to make friends from the UK, right now I troubleshoot issues for folks from the UK who have moved to Florida. (Hope that counts)

Currently I am investigating the possibility of using photo paper as a negative or a direct imaging medium. Any thoughts on this?

The plan for an 8X 10 field is to build the complete instrument my self, using all the skills I have developed thus far. I do custom leather work as my other hobby. I hope this helps explain. Cheers y'all.
    Photographic Experimentation at it's most primitive. (Too Many hobbies, Not enough money)

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    My obligatory UK connection is that the man I learned photography from is of Welsh decent.

Welcome Steve, we shall not let that stand against you ! Seriously, you will enjoy the site as it is informative and quite often, amusing. LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

What obligatory UK connection are we talking about?!!?
    In case it's a new mandatory requirement for APUG membership , I've been to London twice and was in the APUG chat room once, talking to Les...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin