Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,602   Posts: 1,622,460   Online: 931

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    [quote="Tom Duffy"]
    I've been to London twice and was in the APUG chat room once, talking to Les

I have never managed to catch anybody there when I sign in !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually the best way to do that is to post a message inviting folks to join in the chat room. Theres a forum for that I think. Then just log in and wait to see who shows up.
    Gary Beasley

roy
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by glbeas
    Actually the best way to do that is to post a message inviting folks to join in the chat room. Theres a forum for that I think. Then just log in and wait to see who shows up.
    Shall pluck up courage and give it a go !!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greetins all,

After hanging about about for a few days I actually looked far enough down on the forum to find *this*

Me, me, me.

Based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Spent the first couple years of my life sniffing dev, stop and fixer (my folks ran a small studio at home in Chicago)

As a kid used to use my parents Rollie and was eventually given the old exacta as my own... Lost all that in a fire as a teen and didn't take a photo again for 20 years.. Eventually bought a digital and after a couple years of that went looking for more. Now I have a rollie again, and an old Burke and James 4x5. A confused looking Darkroom and a mess of 35mm and other strange stuff.

In one way or another my work has been photo based the last 3 years. Now I'm moving a little more towards the fine art side and am working on my first couple of exhibitions..

Besides traditional b&w I print with Cyanotypes, vandyke and a teeny bit with gum (ain't that good with gum yet)

Well that's it for now.

It's been nice reading the forums and trading a few messages with a few of you already.

Cheers,
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Welcome Ian, Enjoy the group! Be sure and post some of your work from the last 3 years.
    Stop trying to get into my mind, There is nothing there!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've been a member for awhile but mostly as a lurker. So...

I've worked in the Information Technology field in computer support for the last 8 years so I'm certainly no stranger to computers and digital imaging but I've never been interested in digital photography. For me, its always been about traditional processes.

I started taking my first pictures in the early 1970's, soon after high school. I spent about 2 years with 35mm, then sold my 35mm cameras because I wasn't getting the quality I wanted and bought a 4x5. After using a Zone VI 4x5 for over 20 years, I finally made the jump to 8x10 this month (December). It not the latest and greatest (an Ansco 8x10 and Turner Reich 12/19/25) but it will get me started.

Although I may enlarge older 4x5 negatives, I've decided to work only with contact prints for new work. I'm currently using pyrocat, amidol and Azo. Its not a question of a 'magic bullit'. It about being drawn to older/traditional processes and not wanting to accept anything less than what I consider the best material for me at the moment. (90 - 95% of my photographs are taken in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and the surrounding Appalachian Mountains in Tennessee and North Carolina.

I

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Jasper is about 20 minutes from Chattanooga. I was born in Chattanooga but raised in Nashville so I know the area of the country that you are referring too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're not too far from the Atlanta area, I used to go out to your neck of the woods (Charlie Smiths property in Fiery Gizzard Cove) to go caving quite a bit. I still like visiting to take pictures. Theres a few other APUG folks here in the Atlanta area, perhaps one day we can have a get together for pictures, food, and socializing somewhere scenic we all like to go to.
    Gary Beasley

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin