Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,852   Online: 1032

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Hello from Fairbanks,Alaska

Just a short note to introduce myself to the forum. I bought a box of "stuff" at an estate sale last summer and in the bottom of the box was a Yashica TL Electro X. I took it to the camera repair guy here locally and after a clean, adjust and repair for $40, I have run about 100 shots through it, making all the rookie mistakes, having fun and finally learning about SLR cameras at 58 years of age. I have been reading books, asking questions to some guys even OLDER than me and have been surfing the'net.
    The camera came with a 28mm Vivitar wide angle lens. When I told the repairman that I wanted to try to do close up photography of my antique radios as I restore them, he set me up with the 67mm Series 1 Vivitar macro lens. Then in the course of wandering thru the second hand stores I have picked up a Vivitar 2x1 converter and a 50mm standard (I think?) lenses.
    Finally I have a small assortment of UV filters and caps. Last Sunday was my first big photo expedition as I spent almost 4 hours at the North American Open sled dog races. I found out how long I could be out in +10F weather before the camera would slooow down. I went thru two rolls of 36 exposure film (1 Kodak 200, 1 Fujifilm 200). I am also on a learning curve with some of my computer skills and so it looks like downloading photos is something else to learn and when I get to that point, I'll send in the photo of my 1958 Grundig Model 6099 or one of my Zenith Transoceanics.
    This site looks interesting- thanks for your work. Steve

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Welcome from rural France. And I thought today was cold (around freezing overnight...)

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello from England (and another Steve). I have a Philips BX462A which I restored a few years ago.

One of these (but not this actual one): http://users.skynet.be/albert.aerts/...ges/bx462a.htm

I also make valve/tube recording equipment and recently finished a nine channel valve mixing desk for a friend.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello from New England! I was born in Sitka, so I can sorta say hi from an Alaskan, too.
    Welcome! You'll find lots of info here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi SteveinAlaska,

Welcome from NYC.

I'd enjoy seeing your pics of the restored radios. You might be able to tell from the second part of my user ID here that I too have an interest in radio.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Welcome from the bush! I don't post too often, but I lurk consistently from home here in southwest AK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome from Michigan.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Steve and welcome from Wales.
    No problem with being 58 or older, at least you have come this far.
    Have fun with photography and enjoy the site.
    Regards
    John

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hey, welcome to the group, Steve.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG, Steve!

You've come to the right place.

Pat (California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin