Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,807   Posts: 1,581,433   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hello from Virginia, USA

First of all let me say that I'm so glad that I found this place. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but all I could find in my search for a place to share my love of traditional photography, processes, and images were the 'mutual admiration society' photography sites (to remain unnamed here) where every picture was 'great' and people wanted to know what digital camera to buy so they could 'shoot 1000's of pictures for free'.

Anyway, I've been here for a few days, posted a few of my photographs, received a very nice welcome, and already received some very helpful suggestions on how to improve my images.

Photography has been a very important part of my life for the past 40+ years. I love seeing a good photograph and enjoy the photographic process. I also like to listen to others who have a passion for photography. I think I've made a few very good images over the years but have not really produced anything that I would call excellent for the past 15 years or so. I recently began looking back at all of my work and have again become excited about sharing what I've done and what I know.

My goal now is to rekindle the passion for photography that I had when I was younger..........a difficult but achievable task.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Welcome to APUG, from a Washingtonian! We've got a good little APUG real-life chapter going here in the metro area, and if you're interested, you're welcome to join!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I certainly would like to join the Washington group. I live near Warrenton, VA and think it would be great to get together with everyone. Let me know the details. Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to APUG from the other Washington.

Bob

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to APUG from NYC.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Welcome from a former Arlingtonian, and now a Marylandtonian. Grin.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome from New England....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Welcome from Hawaii ..... yes, some people here still shoot film.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

always please to see more interest.

And don't worry about the 'make a great photo club' here. I have been here for almost 2 years, and have yet to post one. A scanner is coming up the wanted list, but has not made it to the top yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin